Heartbreak Oneshot - Azriel Injured

Gwyn had just been married to Azriel last year and now she was pregnant with his child. They had found out about the pregnancy after one month when Azriel had heard two hearts beating. Apparently in Faeries, the child’s heart is the first thing that starts to form.

Today Gwyn had gone to the House of Wind to tell Nesta about the baby. When she told her, Nesta was filled with joy and like real joy, she was soo happy for Gwyn and was actually squealing like a child.

Gwyn was just in the middle of telling Nesta how she thought it will be a boy and how Azriel was so sure that it will be a girl when Cassian entered the dining room while limping with a bloody Azriel.

Gwyn ran towards him and Cassian laid him down on the floor with himself. “What Happened? ” Gwyn asked in the middle of sobs while holding Azriel’s unmoving face in her hands. Then she noticed the ash arrows in his wings. There were 11 ash arrows.

“Koschei” Is all Cassian replied before fainting. Nesta was crying now too, she then pulled up Cassian’s pants and saw the huge cut which was there. Suddenly some bandages appeared and she started putting them on Cassian, all while saying “You’re gonna be okay” As if she was trying to assure herself more than him.

Azriel was still somehow conscious. “No no no no no” Gwyn said. “Stay with me, STAY WITH ME” she said again in the middle of sobs. “SOMEONE CALL FEYRE OR RHYSAND, ANYONE” She shouted towards the few servants which were there.

She then started taking out the ash arrows. They wouldn’t budge or pass through so she broke them in two and took them out. She took one out and Azriel shouted. It was the worst sound she had heard, it was full of pain. “It-it’s alright, you-you’re gonne be okay” She said to herself.

She took out the ash arrows, one by one until none were left. Gwyn had seen Azriel injured before, but she was extremely hurt by seeing him like this because today was different. Today, his shadows were not there. She could feel it.

She then pulled up Azriel’s shirt a bit and saw a huge cut over there. She couldn’t stop crying, he was losing so much blood and he could die any moment now if Gwyn didn’t do anything. She then took the stitching thread which was there and started sewing Azriel’s skin together, with shaky hands.

It was the worst moment of her life. She was covered in his blood and she couldn’t save him. Then she heard him call her name, “Gwyn” It was barely a whisper. “I’m right here, I-I’m right here” She assured him while still stitching.

Suddenly Feyre and Rhys appeared and Feyre shouted towards Rhys, “Get the flowers I gave you when you were poisened” Rhys immediately understood and winnowed out of there.

Feyre then cut her hand with a knife and gave Azriel the blood. He didn’t wake up. “Wh-what’s wrong, why isn’t he waking up” Gwyn asked, shaking Azriel’s body. “I-I don’t know it worked for Rhys” Feyre said, tears now forming at the corner of her eyes too but then her eyes cleared, as she had just solved some puzzle.

“He needs the blood of his mate, it only worked for Rhys be-” Gwyn didn’t hear whatever Feyre said next. She cut a huge wound across her hand and brought it to Azriel’s mouth. Her other hand picking up his head. “Please” Gwyn whispered. Hoping that the gods, the mother, the couldron, anyone or anything would listen and save him.

Azriel moved, only a bit and gulped down a drop of Gwyn’s blood. When he didn’t move, Gwyn thought all hope was lost but then his shadows reappeared and she heard his heartbeat become normal again.

Feyre looked at her and said, “You’re his mate”. Gwyn nodded. “Does he even know? ” She asked quietly. “No” Gwyn replied. Gwyn had known for a long time. She knew it when she saw him at Sangravah for the first time. Even after they git married, she didn’t tell him. Because she wanted him to love her for her, not because of the mating bond.

Rhys reappeared with the flowers but then heard Azriel’s normalized heartbeat. He then looked at Feyre, and understood everything. Gwyn thought they must have communicated through the bond.

When Azriel woke up, he was back in their house. His and Gwyneth’s estate which he had bought Gwyn as a wedding gift. Azriel opened his eyes and noticed that Gwyn wasn’t there. It was his worst nightmare. To wake up one day to not see Gwyn’s beautiful face, to not see her sleeping peacefully along with him.

He then smelled her scent outside his door. He got up slowly, alert of his injuries and walked towards the door. Gwyn was there, as soon as he opened the door she got up, wiping her eyes. “Do you need anything? Are you okay? ” Gwyn asked hurriedly.

“No, I’m fine” Azriel said. Gwyn then slid down the corner against the door, Azriel did the same with the other corner. “You should sleep” He told her. He could see her heavy eyes and her constantly rubbing them to try and stay awake.

“You should be in our room” She replied. She was cold and distant today, something didn’t feel right. “I’m sorr-” Azriel started but Gwyn cut him off. “Don’t” She said.

Azriel didn’t speak for a few minutes after that. “Are you okay? ” He asked, concerned. “Am I okay?” Said Gwyn sarcastically. “I’m not okay Azriel” She said, her tone becoming serious.

“You said that you would come back home alive and saf-”, “I’m sorr-”, “let me speak. ” Azriel quieted after that.

“You promised you would come home safe Az, you promised” She said, her voice breaking. “But you didn’t come back home safe Az, you didn’t. You broke your promise and lied.” Gwyn kept quiet for a few minutes after that.

“I felt you die” She said and Azriel looked at her, surprised and it hit him in the worst possibld moment that she was his mate. “I felt your heartbeat stop and I felt a piece of me break Az, I did. Why would you do that to me? You can’t just go and get yourself killed. You can’t, it’s not fair. I need you Az, We need you. Please-please don’t get killed. ” Gwyn said in between sobs and Azriel hugged her. Her face was buried in his chest and he was trying to calm her down by massaging her hair.

“Plea-please don’t leave me” Gwyn said, hugging him back now. “Shh, I promise I won’t” Azriel assured her, his voice now breaking.

Only after a few minutes when he heard Gwyn’s breathing slow down, he let his heart break and let endless silent tears fall out of his eyes.