Disqualified?

She heard the doorbell and yes it was Ashok.
He came inside without a word.
'Enga poneenga?',she asked.
'Adhaan sonnene...office ku',he replied.

'Ohh...enkitta irundhu enna maraikireenga Ashok ey?',she asked.
'Onnum maraikala ma',he said calmly.
'Poi...yen enkitta Nandhini ah pathi maraicheenga?',she asked.

'Andha Nandhini unaku edhavadhu call pannaala?',he asked.
'Illa',she said folding her hands.
'Pinna vera yaaru...un nonnan ah?',he asked.

'Heyy en annana thittaadheenga',she shrunk her eyebrows.
'Apo avan dhan....avanta solla venaamnu dhana sonnenn...',he sighed.

'Yen enkitta sonna enna?',she yelled.
'Maa..naa edhu panaalum un nalladhuku dhan ma pannuven..Idha pathi solli...unaku yen thevai illadha tension,then you'll be disturbed and you won't concentrate in your competition..adhaan sollala',he replied.

She just hugged him by his waist.
'You are....you are my protector Ashok ey...you always care about me,you are always thinking about me..enna suthi nadakkura ellathaiyum nee paathukira,you are being there to clear all the obstacles in my way!Enakaga neenga ivlo panreenga...naan idhukellam thirumba enna panna poren ungaluku...',she sobbed.

'Nee edhuvum panna venaam...idhey maari ethana varsham aanalum enkoodaye iru... podhum',he said and kissed her hairline.

'Aana Ashok ey...Andha Nandhini...',he kept his finger on her lips and stopped her.
'Adhellam naan paathukuren,nee un competition la mattu concentrate pannu.',he said and she nodded.

Then the week passed soon.It was the day for results.
She seems to be tensed as always and he consoled her.The event started.

It was the selection for finals! Everyone seems very excited and anxious.
'Hello Young Lions,welcome back!
So we are very close to finale,I know everyone was excited,so without any delay,we shall have our judges on the stage!',she welcomed and the judges joined them.They gave their speech.

'I request our Mrs.Pushpa Raghavendra mam to announce the top 5 finalist of our Young Lion Fiction-2021!',the compairer woman welcomed and Mrs.Pushpa came forward.

'So Young Lions, hope you are all fine! I'm very excited to announce the top-5 of Young Lion Fiction 2021!
Shall we proceed?',she asked and everyone clapped as a response.

Mrs.Pushpa revealed the contestants, unfortunately Nithya's name was not there.
Nithya's eyes filled with tears.

'Ashok eyy...I tried my level best!',she said controlling her tears and he pulled her to his embrace.She tried to be strong but tears were brimming in her eyes and she can't control herself when she came into his embrace.

She started sobbing and making his shirt wet.
'Its okay Nithya ma,you tried your level best.This is not an end di...paathukalam innum neraya competitions iruku,You have come a long way.',he consoled her and kissed her hairline.

Later they were about to leave,but caught in Maaran's sight.
'Hey Nithya,you are here...vara maateenganu nenache..',he asked.
'Yen apdi nenacheenga?',she asked.

'Aama competition ku unga story varave illaye...so I think you left,so they disqualified you',Maaran said and both Nithya and Ashok was in shock.
'Whatt??? Disqualified??But I have sent my project!',she said.

'Really,but we didn't receive yours..',he said and Nithya looked at Ashok.
He was also in confusion and same time he was shocked.

'Ashok eyy...naan othukkave maaten...Na send pannen,suppose na send panni select aagalenna okay I'll accept it,but I have sent it!',she said sternly.
'Are you sure?You sent?',Maaran asked.
'Yes sir,I sent!',she replied.