Chapter 9: Murphy's Law

TW: Abuse recounting,  Abuse, Language (derogatory), dark sex (choking), Oliver's an asshole, so is Rose, Pregnancy, Everything Goes Wrong, Violence

________________________________________________________________________________

What's that saying, anything that can go wrong will go wrong? You were really feeling the truth of that as Shelby's and the Doctor's words rang through your head, mixing with the threat from Oliver. The room began to swirl once more, and you fell back against the propped up bed, trying to steady yourself.

"This can't be happening," You whispered. "Not now."

"Hey, it's okay, Sweets," Shelby cooed, rubbing your shoulder. "Dean will be so excited."

Shit! Dean! You needed to tell him about this. About Oliver. And fast.

"Sweets?" Shelby asked, waving a hand in front of your face. "Is something wrong?"

Tears filled your eyes as you met hers, and your hands began to shake. The initial urge to tell Dean about the baby wore off as you remembered Oliver's threatening voice over the phone. He said he was coming for you. He knew about Dean. The thought of him showing up at Dean's front door...the things that Oliver would do to Dean....it chilled you right to the bone. And what if he got ahold of you? The baby? He'd never let you keep it. In fact, he'd probably beat you so hard you'd miscarry. Your hands drifted to your belly, and you felt your whole world shift in that moment. It wasn't about you, or Oliver, or Dean anymore. It was about this precious little one. So innocent and pure. You needed to protect them no matter what. You needed to get your baby out of Lawrence and away from Oliver as soon as possible.

"Shelby," You whimpered. "I need to leave. Now."

"Sweets, the doctor needs to continue to monitor-"

"No!" You shouted, yanking at the wires connected to your body, pushing yourself up to sit at the edge of the bed.

Shelby and the doctor stood in front of you with their hands out, trying to stop you. You pulled the IV out of your arm and stepped up to them.

"I want to leave here. Now." You started down the doctor. "I'll do it Against Medical Advice if I have to. I've done it before."

"We need to monitor for a possible concussion." The OB looked so concerned, and you knew it came from a good place. However, you couldn't just sit here while Oliver got closer and closer.

You thought up a lie, quick. "Dean. My boyfriend. I'll have him monitor me. Just give me a list of symptoms, and I'll have him bring me in the second he suspects anything. I swear."

She looked so conflicted,

"Please," You begged, putting a hand on your belly. "Someone is coming for me. I can't tell you who, but I need to tell Dean. He needs to know what's coming."

The doctor looked into your eyes, searching for the truth, and when she saw the fear in them, she let out a heavy sigh. "I'll go get that list of symptoms and the discharge papers, and you better come back if you show any of them. Am I clear?"

You nodded. "Thank you, Doctor. Thank you."

A few minutes later, Shelby was escorting you out of the hospital and into her car.

"Y/N," She said seriously. "I'm worried for you. Please tell me what's going on."

"I can't, Shelby," You squeaked. "It'll only put you in danger. What you need to do is tell the truth if someone comes by your restaurant looking for me. I used to work for you, you fired me after a fight with one of your girls, and you heard I left town in a hurry today."