☀️ Summer Break ☀️

Lena had just suggested that Jane could've been the one to give out my number to Kyle, and I was uncertain about that fact.

"I'm not sure, but, who cares how he got it. All that matters now is that he has it." She explained.
"So, what did he say?" She asked.

"I'll go get your ice cream 🍨" I replied ignoring her question, then I began heading towards the door.

"Fine! Keep it a secret.
But that wouldn't stop me from imagining the worst." She added teasingly as she laid on my bed.

That girl.
.
.
.

At the mini store down the path to the school main grounds.

"One master sized ice cream 🍨 please." I requested.

"What flavor would you like?" The sales guy asked.

"Oh! I didn't ask.
Perhaps she'd like mine.
Strawberry and vanilla, with a twinkle of chocolate sprinkles on it." I replied smilingly.

"You've got good taste." He added returning the smile, as he fetched my order.
While I waited for my order to be served, I decided to go through some stuffs on my phone. Then a person came in, ordering exactly the same way I had.
I just had to take a look at the person who seems to have the same taste with me.

It was Kyle.

The salesperson decided to make it in two.

"Hey, it's you." He said once he noticed me.

"Hi secret admirer." I replied jokingly with a smile.

Why do I always have to say weird things like that anytime I'm around him?
.
.
.
Outside

"I can't believe we have the same taste in ice cream 🍨." He commented amusingly as he scooped bits out of his as we headed down the road, since he requested to see me off.

Too bad I couldn't do same since it wasn't actually mine (scoop out of the ice cream, I mean).
"I actually got it for someone- not myself." I replied.

"Oh!" He exclaimed.
"But you do love the mix?" He questioned.

"Yah. The thing is, I might've forgotten to ask her about the flavor she'd want, so I just used my favorite." I explained.

"That's cool. I'm sure she'd love it." He commented.
"So, did you decide to go for it? The tryouts I mean." He asked stylishly.

"I couldn't.
The place was pretty packed." I replied.

"Oh, it's still until Monday. If you need help, I could put in a good word for you-"

"No!" I accidentally yelled in reaction to that. Which confused him a bit.
"I mean no. It's cool. I'm actually not interested in that anymore." I excused.

"Okay." He dragged in an unsure manner.
"I just thought with all that talent of yours..."

"It was just luck." I intruded.
"That said, I really should head off. You know, before I lost the Ice in the cream. No one likes melted ice." I said nervously.
Then I shook it off once I realized the air was getting a bit choky.
"It's nice seeing you again." I added.

"You too." He replied.
"I'll text you." He added.

"Sure." I replied.
"Pls don't." I added in a low tone, then headed off to my dorm.

On Monday

I thought of what he said, and he's right.
There's still a chance for me to turn my life around, but I just couldn't do it.
It really wasn't worth it.