Back to School

Back to school.

It was Monday, May 5th.That meant my suspension was over. It was back to school for me.

“Davis, get up! Do you want a repeat of your first day of school?” said my mom.

“Wouldn’t mind it,” I said to myself. I went downstairs and got on the bus. “Bye!” I yelled to my mom.

“Bye!” she yelled back.

When I got to school everyone stared at me like I was the new kid again. I just went with it. At least the teachers still remember me I thought to myself. The principal showed up. She definitely remembered me. She did a mad power walk towards me.

“I thought I suspended you yesterday,” she said firmly.

“Uh, it has been 2 weeks ma’am,” I hesitated.

“My calendar says April 22nd and you better not be sassing me young man!” She screamed. “GO HOME!”

I raced down the hall and out the door. “How am I supposed to get back in?” I asked myself. I stomped back in. “I am not leaving! It is May 5th, and I am supposed to be here!” I yelled in the principal’s face. Everyone gasped.

“Oh really,” she said.

“Oooooooooooooh,” everyone in the audience said in sync.

“Yes really,” I said.

“Oooooooooooooh,” They said A bit louder.

“Fine, but you’ll have a hard, hard, time,” she said.

“Oooooooooooooh!” They screamed.

“Shut up!” yelled the principal. Everyone nodded in fear. I walked in the opposite direction she did while scared out of my skin. I waited until the sound of her high heels had faded into the hallway. Then I ran to class.