The Principal Finds the Note

The principal finds the note

    “You’re clea- What’s this?” she asked pulling out the note.

    “Oh, nothing,” I could tell that the principal could tell I was lying.

        “So, you wouldn’t care if I read it to the entireschool,” she replied with a devilish grin on her face.

        “Um-”

        “Good!” she said cutting me off. “But, before I do read it to the entire school, I must ask who wrote this note?” She replied with the same devilish grin as before.

        I gulped. “Anna,” I looked around. Everyone’s jaw had dropped. It went perfectly with their eyes as wide as basketballs. The principal looked scarier then ever.

        “Well then lets read this note, shall we?” she said in the scariest way possible.

        “NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!” It was Dakota. “Don’t read it!” Then, right then, as if out of sheer luck, the power shut down. I ran. I ran as fast as a deer from a hunter. I ran home. Because it was dark outside, no one noticed.

        “If only I knew the way home,” I muttered to myself. Boom!The lights had come back on at the school. I went back to school.

        Facing the embarrassment of the walk of shame (which is a walk through the halls of the school after you’ve done something really embarrassing) I walked to math class. At the end of the walk I ran into the principal. “Hi,” I said with a cheesy worried smile.

        “Hi, MY OFFICE!!!!!”

        “Okey dokey,” I said with the same cheesy worried smile. I stood there smiling.

        “GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!” she screamed at me until I was all the way down the hall.

        The principal’s office was very scary. The walls lined with the quote “I hate children”. On the desk there were at least a dozen model skulls with childen’s names duct taped on them. One said Anna. She put a new skull on the desk and duct taped the name “Davis” on it. My eyes widened to the size of soccer balls at the sight of the skull.

        “4 words. DETENTION UNTIL YOU DIE!” she screamed

        “Ok?” I replied.

        “Or you have the choice of being suspended for 2 weeks. Which do you choose?”

        Right away I knew my answer. “Suspension,”

        “Start right where ya left off runnin’,” she replied with a smirk.

        There was a second walk of shame leaving school, though this time worse. It was deep stares of hatred. Then I remembered Anna and how she knew I told my mom about the note. She would know the principal found out about it. She’s probably going to show up at my house and beat me up just like she did before she ran away. But, this time it would be worse. The principal is more dangerous to it then my mom. Anna is going to kill me. She knows the principal found out. She knows and she knows well.

        As I was walking home I kept hallucinating and seeing Anna everywhere I looked. It was scaring the heck out of me.

        I got home and told my mom everything. Including the hallucinating thing.

        “Soooooooo, I’m in big trouble aren’t I?” I said

“No,” she replied. What? I thought. “You were embarrassed, you had the chance, I would’ve done the exact same thing.” 

“What?!” this time out loud. “You aren’t mad?”

        “No,” she replied

“But I ran away from school, I’m suspended, and you aren’t mad!” I yelled in shock.

“Ok, now it sounds like you want me to be mad,” she said confused.

“No I don’t want you to be mad!” I said really quick as my eyes widened.

“Well than go do whatever cause I will do what I would do if I were mad,” she said firmly. I walked away.