CHAPTER 1

"Wake up, sleepyhead! What are you? A dormouse?" Snowshade prodded Grasstail with two paws. "Did you really have to do that?" Grasstail moaned. Snowshade gave her friend an affectionate cuff on her ear. She then remembered the prophecy, "I have to rebuild LifeClan, I must," She murmured. She padded up a hill and settled near the cool breeze and sunshine. When Snowshade turned around, she saw her best friends staring at her confused. Only her parents' gaze was calm and understanding. Stonestorm, Snowshade's mother, glanced at her friends and suggested, "You three should let us discuss among ourselves first, Snowshade will tell you all about it." Snowshade gave a grateful glance to her mother. Nightail, Grasstail and Whitestone, Snowshade's best friends, respected Stonestorm's wisdom and understanding as they dipped their heads and padded away.

"Now, will you tell us about that?" Stonestorm questioned. "Y-yes, of course," Snowshade stammered. Snowshade told her parents everything, from top to bottom. Stonestorm and Goldblaze, Snowshade's father, seemed to be thinking the same thing. "Well," Goldblaze started off, "I think the meaning is simple to understand but hard to accomplish." Stonestorm added, "Stoneshade is my grandmother and is your great grandmother, so I think that – I mean I know that she did not give you an impossible task." Snowshade looked deep into her mother's wise eyes, she knew her mother would never lie and would always help with all her might. Snowshade felt a bit more comfortable about the idea of rebuilding a lost clan, now that she knew she could always turn to her parents for help. Suddenly, the current changed from a calm breeze of wind with warm sunshine to a cool starry night sky. "Stoneshade? Are you there?" Snowshade murmured. Right when the named was called out, the familiar grey tortoiseshell pelt appeared. "Stoneshade!" This was not Snowshade's voice, but her mother's. "I've missed you so much!" Stonestorm squeaked like a kit. Stoneshade swished her tail around Stonestorm's mouth just like how she had done to Snowshade. "Hush, my dear, listen up. This is the time where Snowshade must lead and become clan leader of LifeClan with nine lives. I want you, as her parents to guide her with all the knowledge you have, of course StarClan will guide her too. However, there are some obstacles where only you two know the answer to." She allowed that to sink in and whispered, "Take care of her, goodbye." "Wait!" Snowshade and her mother wailed, but Stoneshade had already drifted away. The three cats glanced at each other and gave a solemn nod. They seem to be thinking the same thing: Whatever will happen, we must overcome it together...