CHAPTER 8

"Alright everyone! We shall continue our journey! Bravepaw says that our home is close, let's march forward together!" Snowshade yowled from above. A chorus of agreements spread through the land. Snowshade stood up again and meowed, "Let's first give thanks to StarClan, those that have guided us and protected us on the journey, to StarClan!" "To StarClan!" the cats cheered, Stonestorm and Goldblaze the loudest.

Suddenly, dark clouds covered the sky and the trees swayed powerfully and loudly. The clouds covered every source of nightlight including the moon and stars, except for a small shining star. It called to Snowshade and she could not resist the calling she reached out her paw and muttered, "If this can help me, then guide me." She started to float in the air and could walk on air. She felt relaxed but nervous at the same time. Wolfkit suddenly mewed, "Blueshine? Is StarClan that star?" Snowshade turned around and nodded, answering Wolfkit's questions. All eyes turned to Snowshade as she padded into the star. When she entered, before she knew it, the world went dark before her eyes.

Where am I? This place... Is it StarClan? Snowshade thought. She pulled herself back up again and stood up. She slowly wandered around the beautiful lush trees and prey. Taking notice of every leaf falling and every flower blooming, wondering if it was a sign. "Snowshade," The familiar voice meowed. Snowshade turned around and saw the beautiful grey tortoiseshell pelt of Stoneshade. "Is this StarClan?" Snowshade asked. Stoneshade chuckled and led her to a beautiful cave filled with shining moss and lush flowers with dew on top. "Why have you brought me..." When Snowshade had not finished, nine warriors of StarClan gathered. Nine warriors... Nine lives? Am I becoming a leader now? Snowshade thought. "I think you've guessed it," Stoneshade meowed gently. She stood in front of Snowshade and meowed, "Snowshade, it is time you become leader. I give you a life for wisdom. Guide your cats in every way with your wisdom." Snowshade felt agonizing pain that surged through her but her mind thinking calmly. Is this wisdom? Despite being in a pain situation, your mind is calm, thinking what to do? She thought. Next, a grey-blue she-cat stepped forward. "Are you Bluestar? One of the legends?" Snowshade asked. Bluestar nodded and meowed, "I give you a live for nobility, to do the moral and right thing no matter how much pain you go through." Snowshade felt an even stronger pain that pierced her. However, she held it in. This time, a slender, tortoiseshell she-cat, that looked like Spottedtail, stepped in. Spottedleaf? Snowshade thought, astonished. So many legendary cats are meeting her. Spottedleaf meowed gently, "I give you a life for love. To love your warriors and cats like your family." This time, there was warmth like Greenleaf's warmest rays entering Snowshade. A swift, lean brown tom sped forward. Runningwind! Snowshade gazed up. Runningwind meowed, "I give you a life for tireless energy, to serve your clanmates without hesitation." Snowshade did not feel any pain this time, but she felt as if she just dashed through the wind and world. A slender, white tabby she-cat came forth. Leafpool! Snowshade thought joyfully. She loved and admired Leafpool that she chose the right choice in the end of her story. Leafpool mewed, "I give you a life follow your heart and not always mind, always use it when you can." She flashed Snowshade a glance of sorrow. She immediately understood. Crowfeather... Leafpool seemed to think. Next, a lithe, golden tom with his fur like a mane stepped forward. Lionheart! Snowshade realized with glee. Lionheart meowed, "I give you a life for courage. Have courage in the darkest hour." Snowshade glowed and looked up at the cats. A pretty tabby bounded to Snowshade. Brindleface? Snowshade thought. "I give you a life for protection, protect all your clan with your heart and soul" Brindleface meowed softly. Snowshade expected this life to be soft and loving just like Spottedleaf's life, but she did not expect the agonizing pain that struck through her. She then realized what she had said to Raccontail and Stripedfeather; I would fight as fiercely as I could to protect my own kits. Understanding immediately, she gathered herself once more and faced the nest life. A silver, beautiful tabby she-cat gracefully stepped forward like wind. Silverstream? Snowshade thought, bewildered. "I give you a life for loyalty, to understand where your heart lies and when to bend the warrior code. Snowshade tried to think where truly her loyalties lay. "Remember, not everything lays to the warrior code," Silverstream chuckled. A gray long-haired she-cat with a flat and broad face stepped forward. Yellowfang! Snowshade chuckled, she knew she was a very short-tempered medicine cat. "I give you a life to heal, to heal those physically and mentally," She mewed. At last, Snowshade floated up into the air and shined as the brightest star for all.

"Your name, is now, Snowstar. Be the best leader you could ever be!" All warriors of StarClan yowled in joy. She drifted to sleep again and woke up in the birch forest at dawn.