Chapter 7

Date Night

She arrived to her destination in a few moments and went through the valet parking because she was tired from the work she had to do today. She walked in gave them her name since the reservations were under her. The hostess seated her and she advised that she was waiting for a companion and gave her his name.

He arrived but was ticked off as he did not see her car in the parking lot. He got out and stormed to the front of the restaurant and went in and asked if his date had arrived and was seated yet or not. The hostess showed him to their table and was no longer seething when he saw Rebekka at the table.

"I see you beat me here tonight."

"I just got here a few minutes ago so I have not been waiting long and I used valet parking."

"Huh, I see so what is your poison?"

"My poison? What do you mean by 'my poison'?"

"Yes, what are you drinking?"

"Oh..(giggles)..I will have iced tea. I don't drink and drive, it's just not safe."

"Hmmm...plays it safe I see."

"Well, in my line of work you never know what can happen while drinking or being sober so I just go for the latter that way I can still have my wits about me and do my best not to become a victim."

"Tell me what do you do to make you act this way."

"I am I am agent that works for the government."

"FBI? CIA? Which is it?"

"Neither, I run a big department that takes on cases that the police are unable to solve because their case loads are too big so we handle them quickly and fairly. My team is fabulous and we caught two cases today plus I have to hire several new agents to the team as we are expanding quickly."

"What kind of cases do you handle?"

"Tell me what do you do for a living?"

"You are avoiding my question so you will answer it."

"Oh, I do not have to answer any question you through at me."

"Really? You think you're going to play that card now?"

"Listen my job is of importance and exactly what I do is not your concern so move on buddy."

She was getting pretty disgusted at his whole attitude about her not answering his questions. She wanted to kick him in the balls so bad for his disrespect towards her. She was starting to get annoyed and wanting to leave but decided to stay to see if he would turn it around.

"What line of work do you do Carson?"

"I am an engineer, I build roads and also work on cars as a hobby."

"Explains why the grease under your nails."