Chaper 1 - The arrival

Before I start the story i have to say one thing: My first language is GERMAN and i'm only learning English in school so please no hate for all my mistakes and grammar mistakes. I'm sorry.

Also this story is playing in America, i dont know that much about american schools - no hate please if i get something wrong.

___________________________________________________________________________

‘DAMN NO!!! What do you think you’re doing?!? I have all my friends here!’I yelled to my mom after she told me the big news. We are going to move to California.

 ‘How can you do this to me mom? I don’t want to move in with this Benjamin McLean guy and his children! I haven’t even met them yet so how can you expect that I’m going to move in with them?’ I added a bit more calmed down.

‘Don’t worry sweetie, Tyler and Judy are wonderful kids, you’ll love them.’

My mom’s a business woman and is working for a big company which makes her travel all around the US. The last six months she spent working in California where she met this new man Benjamin. I didn’t really care about their relationship until mom told me they got engaged when she came back home two days ago. And now she wants me to move with her all across the country from Florida to California. What the fuck is going on with her?!

‘That’s not the point, mom! I don’t want to move away from here. I have all my friends here and not to forget MY DAD!’ I responded quickly.

‘You’ll find new friends sweetie and don’t fool me you haven’t seen James since he left us for this other woman. That’s over two years ago, you haven’t seen your father for more than two years. I doubt that you’d ever even think of visiting him.’

‘But…’

‘No, Stella. You’re coming with me, whether you want or not. I can’t leave you here all by yourself. We’re leaving on Saturday morning because on Monday will be your first day at the new school. So you still have three days to say goodbye to all your friends. I’m sorry sweetie.’

At first I wanted to storm out of the house but my body did exactly the opposite of what I planned to do. I ran into my mother’s arms and she gave me a tight and apologizing hug. I started crying even harder than I did before. How am I going to explain all this to my best friend Lea?

*

Three days later I was ready. Ready for a new family, for two siblings and for a new school where I just would be ‘the new girl’. We were crying uncontrollable when I said goodbye to Lea at the entrance of the gate.

‘I’m gonna miss you so much Ella.’ Lea sobbed

‘I’ll miss you so much too, my Lea-Bear. Promise that you’re going to visit me!’

‘I promise! And you’ll come and visit me too, okay?’

‘Come on Stella, we need to go. The plane’s not waiting for us.’ my mom interrupted.

‘Yes, mom I’m coming’ I answered and added quickly ‘Bye Lea, see you soon. Love ya’