Chapter 4

‘Get up!’ the person who’s face I hadn’t seen yet said and I noticed it was Tyler when he got on with talking‘Nate’s with his girlfriend, they’re arguing again so I have to take you home.

‘Okay’ I said and stood up quickly not wanting to make him angrier than he already was. On the drive home there was an uncomfortable silence in the car, probably one of the most awkward situations I’ve ever been into.

About one mile before we arrived at home I just had to do something so break the silence.

‘Why do you hate me so much Tyler? I haven’t done anything wrong to you, have I? I know it’s hard for you seeing your father with another woman after your mother died two years ago but that’s live. You can’t change that. Yeah, I’m also not really happy about this situation. I’d prefer to be at home in Florida now and have fun with my friends. But instead of that I sitting in a car with an complete asshole who hates me because of no reason and-‘ I couldn’t stop talking, I had to let all my anger about this guy out until he cut me off.

‘Ella, stop it. I don’t hate you.’Tyler said with a much softer voice that he had every used in my presence.

‘You…you called me Ella? But-‘ and he cut me off again.

‘Like I just said, I don’t hate you.’

‘So why do you act like a completely dickhead in front me then?’ Silence.

‘Would you please answer my question!!’

‘BECAUSE I’M JEALOUS OF YOU, OKEY!?!?!’ Tyler yelled at me and in this moment we parked in the driveway of our home. Ty stormed out of the car and into the house before I could ask him the important question? Why was he jealous of me? I followed in a slower pace and made my way into my room.

There I started my homework and got on with reading my book. About an hour later someone knocked my door and whispered ‘Can I come in please?’

The voice of the person was so low that I couldn’t even make out who it was.

‘Yeah, come in’ I said and was surprise when I saw a sad looking Tyler entering my room.

‘Hey.’ he said trying to smile.

‘Hi, what do you want here?’ I asked softly noticing he was really uncomfortable and unsure.

‘I’m here to say sorry about what happened in the car. I really am. I don’t hate you, I’m sure you’re a nice girl but…’ his voice faded and I couldn’t make out what his last few words were.

‘But what?’

‘…but I was jealous. Not about sharing my father with you or whatever you would call it. I just…I just can’t talk about it okay.’ I could hear the tone in Tyler’s voice which desperately tried making me understand so I just nodded to show him I accept his answer.

‘Okay. But if you…ever need someone to talk about it, I’m here okay?’

‘Thank you, Stella’ These were Ty’s last words before he came over to me to hug me and then left my room. That definitely was strange and I wonder what’s up to him.

After my stepbrother left I took a quick shower and put on my pajamas when it knocked on my door again. When I walked over to the door I thought it probably would be Tyler again who needed something or wanted to talk about what’s on his mind but surprisingly it was Nathan standing outside of my room.

‘Hey, what do you want here?’ I asked once again this evening.

‘I saw Tyler walking out of your room 10 minutes ago and he was crying so I wanted to ask you what happened.’