Chapter 8

If you want to get two new chapters of "My Stepbrother, his best friend and I" in ONE DAY, go and read the authorsnote between chapter 7 and 8! :D Love ya guys, have fun reading.

I was getting more and more nervous as the clock was ticking. It was already 5:30 pm and Tyler had locked me out of his room because I obviously started to annoy him about two hours ago as I just couldn’t keep my mouth shut.

Ty and Danny were going out tonight which for me is a really nerve wrecking occasion. I mean what if they won’t like each other anymore or find the other one annoying after the date? I’m talking about my stepbrother and one of my oldest friends here, that’s nothing I easily can handle if it doesn’t work out well.

Tyler still didn’t want to believe and accept that he was going on a date and not just hanging out with Daniel. But he’ll see soon enough.

As I was sitting on the couch in our family room, trying to distract myself by watching TV Nate came into the room and placed himself just inches next to me.

“So as Tyler isn’t going to be at home today, I thought we could have a movie night. Just the two of us. What do you think about that?” he asked smiling brightly.

“I thought you’d be doing something with Claire?”

“Nah, outside of school I almost don’t spend any time with her. She’s annoying as hell and if it wasn’t for Ty I wouldn’t be dating her anymore. I just wish he would tell me why he wants me to stay together with her. Also she’s in LA again for a photo shoot. So what’d ya say?”

His smile became even bigger and I just couldn’t say no. I still had a huge crush on him and wish he was feeling the same for me, but I don’t think that smile meant anything else than ‘I’m happy that I don’t have to spend Friday night alone’

“Sure, why not.” I told him shyly

“Great!” he screamed “So what do you want to watch? Do you like the Twilight saga? It’s not the type of movies I like to watch, but four movies in a row would be great for tonight.”

“Can we like…watch something else, please?” I had to laugh now because he was such a cutie and would have watched these movies, just because he wanted to make me happy.

“What about something with more action? Like both pats of G.I. Joe and Pacific Rim, that’d be awesome”

“Thank god, finally someone who has the same taste in movies as I do.” He sounded much more excited than I thought he would be and  he hugged me tightly. We stayed in this position for quite some time until we heard some jumping down the stairs.

“Heyyy guys, I gotta go. Danny just texted me that he will be here in a minute.” Tyler sang as he ran to the front door.

“Have fun Ty-Ty, and tell Danny that I will call him tomorrow!” I yelled after him, but he was already out the door.

“What’s up with that Danny-guy? Why does everyone know him but me?” Nathan pouted

“Well he’s the big brother of my best friend back in Florida. He’s here in Cali for college and Tyler met him when he had to drive me to the café Danny and I wanted to meet up the other day. They’ve become pretty good friends since then.”

“I’m happy for Ty then. I know he loves all his friends at the football team, but sometimes it seems like as he was feeling like he’s in the wrong place.”

I could see that Nathan was deep in thought about that, so I tried to get his mind off that topic.

“But now let’s go and buy some coke and snacks so we can start our movie night” I said as I took his hand and jumped off the couch, pulling him up with me. 

Because the swing was too much I started to tumble and Nate caught me before my body could hit the ground. Just as he put his hands around my waste to stop me from falling I looked directly into his mesmerizing deep brown eyes. We stayed in this position for a couple of seconds, not even noticing it until I took a step back and awkwardly turned out of his grip around me.

I started walking off to the door as I noticed my future stepbrother’s best friend was still standing at the same place where I had left him, gazing after me.

“C’mon. We’re gonna take my car.” I smiled at him.

On our way to the supermarket Nathan couldn’t keep his mouth shut. I had never heard him talking that much.

He told me about the football practice this week and how the coach had told him that he had improved a lot even though he’d already been the best in the team.

And that Claire had pissed him off again because they had planned on meeting up two days ago, but she went shopping with her girlfriends instead and hadn’t even told him about it so Nate waited for her over an hour.

I only nodded and added a “yeah” “nice” or “oh no she didn’t” at appropriate places, didn’t say anything else though.

Just as we arrived in front of the grocery store he noticed what he’d been doing the whole time while driving here.

“I’m sorry Ella, I really didn’t notice I was talking the whole time long” he apologized with a guilty look on his face.

“Don’t worry about that. I like listening and I’m not someone who talks that much anyways”

I had to smile at him because he still looked as he was feeling sorry and he hadn’t even done anything bad.

Nate’s definitely a weird guy and sometimes exaggerating, but that makes him cute somehow.

“Okay, so what snacks do you want” my crush asked me, holding up three different types of chips, marshmallows, peanuts and some crackers.

“I’d go for these chips,” pointing on the bag in the middle “and the marshmallows” I laughed at him as he was struggling holding everything at once.

“Great. And I want coke and seven up as drinks”

“Sounds good to me” I responded to the tall guy who was running around the aisles like a small child.

On our way to the check out he also picked up tow bars of chocolate and then paid for everything.

I told him that he didn’t have to because I would pay the half of it, but he just told me that he had invited me, so he was paying.

Now let’s get back home to finally start our movie date…I mean night. Night. Movie Night.

For those who haven't read the note on the beginning of the chapter:

If you want two new chapters of this story in ONE DAY go and check out the A/N between chapter 7 and 8

Love, M. xx