Ch. 10

꧁꧂

"Right, everyone understand the assignment?" Bates asks, tapping his hands on the table.

It's Monday evening and Bates and Roman have an idea to get closer to Frankie. They briefed us last Monday, but it's going in action today. Kaiser and Marie are going to try and have another game of poker with Frankie and see if they can get Fury and Kimber involved too. Jack has requested he goes in the van with Bates this time and I cannot help but wonder it's to do with him looking at me the way he did last time I saw him. Molly is going to be at home with me and Gold watching the cameras. It should be fun as I like working with them both. Bates is letting Alex tag along with him but his role is a driver and a driver only. He won't be allowed in the back of the van with Bates and Jack.

"Sorry I missed the briefing." Jack enters the room. He glances at me and then looks away. I haven't seen him for just over a week and he's clearly still feeling awkward with me.

I look up at Kaiser but he's messing around with his cuff links, not noticing the awkward and guilty look. "Let's get everyone in the cars." I say, mainly because I need everyone out of this room. They're doing my head-in and causing chaos. A full room is a full, stressed brain in this case. "Alex is waiting by the door. Everyone have fun and remember to turn on your mics."

"Yep." Kaiser nods and leans down, his kisses my cheek and pulls back with a grin. "Love you." He says, gripping my bum making me chuckle.

Everybody besides us three exit the room. Gold sits and rubs his eyes. "Any one want a coffee?"

"G'warn then." I reply. Bates is big on the no drinking on the job thing still.

"And me." Molly adds, resting in her chair. Now she's used to the systems she doesn't stress as much about it and remembers how to enter and log in.

Gold exits the room and I itch my head. I hate the boring bit whilst we wait for them to arrive. I don't know what to do.

"What was the look from Jack about?" Molly says, almost making me jump. She looks at me with eyes full of wonder and curiosity.

"What look?" I ask, pretending to play dumb but I'm sure she can see straight through me.

"That look when he entered. He looked at you with this guilty look. Did you argue?"

"No." I pause briefly. "It's weird." I sigh.

"We have until they arrive." Molly replies, smiling a little. She won't drop this and I don't want her mentioning it on a later date in front of Kaiser or Bonnie.

"Ok," I sigh getting ready to admit it all. "Basically, the reason I got away with literal murder is because Jack kidnapped someone and when we went to reunite the bartender with his missus, he like," I itch the back of my neck and cringe at the memory. "He leant in."

Molly's eyes widen. "Fuck off!" She yells.

"I didn't mention it just in case I got it wrong and embarrass myself by telling him off for it but I think today confirmed that it happened."

"Jesus." Molly gasps. "Have you told Kaiser?"

"No. I didn't mention just in case I was imagining things and Kaiser reacted in a way that was unfair - especially if I'm reading the situation wrong." I run a hand through my hair. "Should I tell Kaiser?"

"Erm, yes!" She says in a sarcastic tone. "Tell him when he gets back."

"Ok, ok. I will. I just don't want it to make the mission awkward and angry." I reply.