Ch. 46

*Thank you everyone for your patience. I haven't been active for 6 weeks due to my ongoing illness and was not able to work/enjoy life. Thank you for your kind messages on both Wattpad and Inkitt.*

As I enter the hospital, the string of a balloon in one hand and Starbucks paper bag in the other, I pass the receptionist with a smile. I walk up the white, marble corridors, looking around. Over the last nine days, I've been feeling somewhat okay. With everything going on it has been hard and I could definitely be worse but so far, I'm managing. I pass Kaiser and Jack's room and enter Marie's. I really want to make a friendship work with her. As they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. She's not my enemy, but after past shenanigans, I would like to keep an eye on her and the best way to do it I guess is to be close. I am aware it does make me sound incredibly fake but either it's going to be a blossoming friendship or dumpster fire. I think it's worth those odds.

"Hi!" Marie joyfully greets me as I enter her room. "You're looking awesome! What's the occasion?"

I look down at my assemble. I'm wearing leather black shorts with a black, high-neck vest tucked in and an over-sized matte black blazer. I put some gold jewellery on to "spice it up" (Bonnie's words) and some high-heeled boots in the colour - you guessed it - black. "What can I say? Today's my birthday and I'm entering my 23rd year as a bad bitch."

"Hell yeah! I like it!" She compliments, sitting back on the hospital bed, pulling a little pained face.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, noticing the discomfort in her face. It was only Friday that she had her surgery.

"Sore but my ass is fake and I've had two boob jobs and a nose job, I've been under the knife plenty of times." She smirks.

I look at her with wide eyes. "Fuck, I woulda' never guessed!"

"I hide it well." She grins.

I smile back and lower the weight on the balloon to the floor. It's a helium with Get Well Soon cursively written on to it. "Once you're home and feeling up to it, fancy getting some brunch? New York City is the place to be."

"Absolutely. I know this amazing place nearby that does the best avocado and chicken salad like it's so good that it's almost sketchy it doesn't have a crap load of calories." She smiles. It's so lovely seeing her smile, she's always given me faker looks but she looks genuinely content with my company. It's nice. "I was wondering, if it's not too late that is..." She breaks off as if she's struggling to find the words.

"What's up?"

"You see, I've never actually been to the UK and I know Jack hasn't been for years. Perhaps when you and Kaiser go back we could join you and spend a weekend together in London or something."

"Yeah, that sounds awesome." I bite my lip. "You think Jack would be cool with it?" I don't want her putting her hopes up that their romance is going to rekindle or something.

"Can only check when he wakes up. He might even say fuck that but it's worth a try."

"Well if he says no, then perhaps we make it into a girls trip. Get Bonnie and Molly in on it."

Her face drops. "Maybe. I haven't spoken to either of them since everything that's happened." She places her head in her hands. "God. The way I spoke to Bonnie was awful. Do you know I have always, always been such a defender for the gay community and yet in that moment because I was pissed off and wanted to hurt and get to you and Molly I said something so fucking stupid."

"Have a word with them. Once everyone's health is back up to speed we are having a joint April, Gold, Bonnie and welcome-home-Thank-God-We're-Not-Dead birthday party. Of course it's a mouthful for the invitation so we are just calling it simply "A Party"." I chuckle.