1.2

_____________

the snow melted, the sun came out, it was warmer outside. yes my dear, it's march. march 13, to be exact.

michael was talking to luke on the phone about a band.

l: the band seems pretty metal rock-ish. would i like it ?

m: yes you would if you stopped listening to that garbage they call pop music!

l: i don't listen to pop music!i listen to punk and indie!

m: whatever. this isn't that different from it. listen to one of their songs.

l: fine, promise me i'll like it

m: i fucking promise, luke.

michael was smiling at his phone as his mom opened the door. he sat up on his bed, seeing a look of pain in his mother's eyes.

"michael, i need to talk to you about luke." karen had a stern face fixed on michael. he rolled his eyes and got out of his bed.

"i'm sick of answering the same questions! yes i'm in love with luke, im sure of it! and i will not stop just because you think it's odd." he huffed, crossing his arms.

"you don't get it michael! you'll never be able to have kids! or even get married! and i would want to have grandchildren one day." michael sighed as his throat got tight.

"i'm sick of you caring more about yourself than your own fucking son! before you try to convert me into something i'm not, think for once." michael's voice cracked.

karen looked down into her lap. what has she done, treating her only son like that.

"michael, i'm-"

"no! i'm sick of you and this house!" he cried as he stuffed the clothes he picked out into a bag.

he rushed out of his room, hearing his mother's guilty cries. it felt as if the sobs were trying to reel him back. trying to not make him leave.

ignoring the thoughts in his head, he ran out the front door. as he ran, a cold chill went through him. michael was tired of his mom nagging him about luke. always bickering and complaining.

michael sat down on the park bench, cold from the wind outside. he rummaged through his bag, doing an inventory.

2 shirts, 2 pairs of underwear, deoderant, toothbrush, phone

after dumping the items onto the bench, something else was in there. it gleamed through the bag, reflecting off of the sun above him. pulling it out, his heart dropped.

it was a blade.

he hadn't used this bag in ages, why would it be in here? michael hasn't cut since november, and he didn't use the bag during that time either. 

"i need to let go. i can't do that anymore." michael sighed, closing his eyes. he walked up to the pond, looking at his rippling reflection. the sun was shining and the birds were chirping.

after taking deep breaths, he threw the blade far into the pond, hearing it lightly hit the water and sink to the bottom. it felt as if a boulder was taken off of his chest.

michael smiled as he put his hands into his pockets, not looking back as he walked away from the pond with his bag.

everything was gonna be alright.

_____________

AW MICHAEL IS BECOMING HAPPY AGAIN!!! Thank you guys so much for reading I started spring break today so expect more updates :)