prologue

"come on michael!" ashton yelled.

"coming!" michael smiled. he laced up his last skate, listening to the giggles of his best friends calum and ashton ice skating on the big pond.

as michael was double tying his left skate, he heard a crack come from the water, and two piercing screams. michael gasped and ran to the edge of the pond, tripping over his skates. his friends have fallen into the freezing water. he crawled to the hole, fishing his hand around for one of his friends.

"ashton! calum!" michael panicked.

after going as deep as his arm could  reach, it was soon too late.'

they were gone.

michael sat by the hole, tears running down his rosy cheeks. the tears froze onto his wet, frostbitten fingers.

the sound of an abulance overcomes michael's sobs. he looks up to see the vehicle park and rush to the water. a man walks carefully onto the ice.

"get off that ice!" he yells.

michael ignores the yelling and continues to cry until he is pushed to the snow covered ground.

he sees people with diving gear on jump into the cold water. michael watched, his wet jean jacket making him shiver.

after about 5 minutes, somone comes up holding a body, and michael see's ashton's wet, curly hair flopped to the side, his eyes closed. they put the body onto a stretcher.

it's been some time and calum's body wasn't showing up.

soon, the sun was nearly down, and they pronounced calum's body missing.

"im so sorry son, your buddies are gone." the man pats michael's shoulder as he stands up. michael wipes his eyes and starts off to his house.

"wait, sir! we would like to question you!" a woman calls. michael ignores them and starts to run away with his cold hands in his pockets. that was it.

ashton and calum were gone.

a.n

this is only a prologue so don't worry :) this will be a short story so it will only be about 20-30 pages but if enough people read it maybe i can make a sequel???? also i want to get a certain amount of views  before i upate so if this gets 10 views and 3 votes i'll update :) for questions or to see what i do all day follow my twitter @brookfieldharry :)