0.7

_____________________

"hold on... i'm coming." michael yelled.

he exchanged his plaid pajama pants with a pair of black jeans. he then took cologne and sprayed it around his room, trying to get rid of the smell. after putting on his boots, he took a piece of peppermint gum from his desk and went downstairs.

luke was standing right inside the door, rocking on his heels.

"hey." luke smiled.

"hi. i didn't know you were coming over. i had to get changed." michael pressed his lips together, staring awkwardly at luke.

"yeah, sorry about that. would you want to go out to lunch with me?" luke asked.

michael was nervous, and knew he would just sit in silence if he went. but he didn't want to be rude. he was starting to like luke.

"sure, let's go." michael sighed, looking back at his smiling mother. she was proud he was finally socializing with other people.

"have fun guys!" karen waved and the boys waved back, getting into luke's car. michael put on his seat belt and looked forward. the silence was getting awkward.

"so, uh is there any particular place you want to go to?" luke asked, driving out of michael's neighborhood. michael shook his head, looking down. he didn't care where they went, he just wanted to get this over with.

"is it okay if we go to the diner in down town? they have good food." luke suggested.

michael nodded in approval and sighed. calum, ashton and him used to go there on the weekends and hang out.

luke parked in front of the diner and they both walked inside. michael hasn't been in here since last summer, and it felt different. even though it was all the same. probably because his two best friends weren't beside him.

michael started to walk towards the booth him, ashton, and calum sat at as luke walked the other direction.

"oh." luke said, walking towards the booth.

"i didn't know where you were going but then i saw you weren't behind me." luke smiled.

michael  took a menu in the center of the table. of course he knew everything on the menu, but he still scanned over the selections to choose from.

he didn't want to order something big and make luke pay more than he should, so he picked a salad. michael looked at the wall that was against the booth. all of the familiar pictures were still there, but it felt different.

"look they got everyone up here." ashton said in awe as he stared at the bands on the wall.

"the beatles, led zepplin, blink, nirvana. aren't those one of the best bands out there." ashton smiled.

"yeah."  calum and michael agreed.

"one day i'm gonna be lke them. standing on a stage, playing the drums like that. i want people to know my name." ashton beams.

"michael. michael tell the waitress what you're ordering." luke said.

michael snapped out of the small flashback and back to the present.

"just a salad." michael nodded his head.

"i'm surprised, you usually order way more than that." the waitress smiles.

"i've changed." michael said.

"i can see. how are you doing michael? i haven't seen you here in months." she says.

michael shruggs and hands her his menu.

"okay, well tell your mom i said hi." the waitress smiled.

michael sighed and rested his head in his hands.

"who was that?" luke asked.

"someone i went to school with." michael says.

luke shakes his head awkwardly.

when the food comes, michael quickly eats, trying to avoid an anxious conversation with luke. after luke finishes and the bill comes, michael is relieved.

"it was nice going out with you today. thanks for coming." luke smiles, opening the door.

"thanks for paying." michael gets in the car and so does luke. luke starts the car and drives to michael's house.

"have a good day, michael." luke puts his hand over michael's and looks him in the eye. he seemed concerned

"okay." michael gets out of the car and opens the front door and goes back into his room, avoiding his mom's ambush.

_____________________

since i didn't update these past few days i made this longer for yall. happy new year  :)