[12] What 2 do

"H-how? I'm so confused."

You were staring up at them, mouth slightly open not knowing what to say or do.

"Sorry I kept it away from you for a while or... this long." They motioned around the room, your eyes following their hands, mixed emotions settling in your stomach.

"How long have you been working with them? Or is it just him?"

The person in question sighed walking back to where they were at, bringing a chair along and sitting a few feet from you and the bed.

"For a while. It wasn't ideal or what I was planning on doing, honestly. I still hate choosing.. this route." They brought their hands up to their face in frustration.

Everything was all confusing and the sight in front of you, made things a little difficult.

"Dainsleif..." you got off the bed and walked over to them, wrapping your arms around them. "I- does Thoma know.. about this?" He shakes his head, face still in his hands.

You sighed, brushing away at the mans blonde locks.

"I know you're confused as to why this happened, with the whole Scaramouche thing and I already told him he went too far with the needle situation but, just.. listen to what I have to say."

Dainsleif was stern and whenever he was it was always something serious. This was probably something he couldn't have Thoma knowing...

"Good. What I'm about to tell you shouldn't leave closed doors nor tell Thoma, especially him. You'll know why after this." You nod and he clears his throat.

You nodded hesitantly, sitting up right on the bed and had your attention all on the blonde male.

He took a deep breath before he talked again.

"He's... how should I say this.." he trails off, looking to the side trying to find the right words, key word trying, but before he could get words out again there was a knock at the door.

The blonde sighed and got up from the chair, walking over to the door only to reveal someone you weren't expecting either.

Ayato hurried over a little too quickly and stood in front of you, planting both his hands on your shoulders and gave you a one over. It surprised you how he looked concerned.

"You alright?" His pale blue eyes still scanning you.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I-I wasn't expecting to see you here." In response he let out a breathy laugh.

He took a few steps back and looked over at the other who was watching the interaction, Ayato cleared his throat.

"Dainsleif sent out a letter to me and so I came over just last night. Was worried that you might've caught something." There was genuine concern in his expression but you were still suspicious.

You needed him out quickly but you didn't want to be rude about kicking him out so soon, after all he did come all this way just to check on you.

Ayato had gone to make a quick trip to wherever and came back with three cups of tea, handing one to you and Dainsleif.

Your husband had told you about his travels, going over to Liyue to talk to a few important people and was about to make his trip over to Mondstadt when he got Dain's letter.

"Think it's time for me to head back now. Hope you feel better y/n." He leaned down to place a gentle kiss on your forehead before saying goodbye to the blonde.

Dainsleif waited till the door was closed and till he didn't hear the footsteps of Ayato's down the hall. Letting out a sigh, he came back to sit on the chair.

"Why don't we just take a break from all the story telling, hm? You wanna go outside and train?"

"Thought I was feeling unwell." You quirked a brow up teasing the blonde.

"Well kinda are but it'll be a secret." He leaned forward and smirked.

You hummed to yourself and eyed him, shrugging and getting up. "I do miss training with you, let me change- oh right I'm not in my room.." you muttered.

The blonde stood up with giving a gesture to hold on and went to a closet in the farthest side of the room.

"Here. It's uh, my old clothes hopefully it'll fit." He began walking away as he sat the clothes on the bed, walking to the bathroom to give you a minute.

So you were in his room huh?

Your face was feeling suddenly warm just the thought of being in his room. Such a weirdo... You shake your head to get rid of any.. images of him.

Putting on a black tank top and white training shorts, putting your hair up and slipping on traditional black training shoes.

"I'm done!" You called out and saw Dainsleif in a similar outfit as yours, expect with pants.. bummer.

He walked over to a sliding door that led outside and waited for you to walk out, following you out and closing the door behind him.

You observed his own personal training area and everything looked professional. A couple archery target boards and some wooden dummy's.

There was a small pond with koi's inside and bamboo trees but other than that, everything looked really nice and amazing.

Dainsleif was studying you as you were walking around inspecting his own training grounds.

"You ready to show me what I've taught you over the years?" A lopsided smile graced his face.

"Of course! I've been dying to."

The both of you took a stance, few feet from each other and taking in his presence. Your fox ears perked in alert and attention.

It was only a few seconds of staring each other before you were the first to break stance, coming after him with a high kick but he dodged quickly.

He held out his arms stopping your movements when you came close to hitting him, his footing caught yours making you stumble back but you were quick to stand your ground without losing footing.

Striking left and right jabs at the tall blonde, him dodging out blocking out your attacks. You did manage to get him and you noticed his eyes widen only to quickly look stoic.

The heaving breathing from both of you from going at it for half an hour making you tired, but you weren't tired yet.

Just a few more minutes till you tap out, but you ended up losing footing when Dainsleif kicked his foot up and knocking you down to the ground.

Maneuvering and locking you in with his body. The pants coming from both were close, you could feel it hit your cheek.

Dainsleif looked down at you trying to catch his breath, eyeing you and looking down at the position you guys were in. Without his permission, his arms acted on it's own and held you tighter to him.

You quietly gasped and tilted your head a bit to see him, he's so close. His eyes looked down at your lips and back at you, you thought he was—

He was what? Going to lean in..?

You stayed where you were still looking at each other, but what you didn't know was that Thoma was watching from afar.

__

HMM..

ALSO i have news! im currently making another story but don't worry im going to finish this story.

already thought of the characters but idk who to have as the main guy now. it WAS xiao but IDK