01" 𝙊𝙉𝙀

01" ↴                            

01" ↴                            

THE ONE WHERE THEY FIGHT..

...BORN ON FIGURE 8 - to Chase & Maria La Hana, the owners of the local surf shack, Cole La Hana was most probably headstrong, sarcastic and witty girl you'd ever lay eyes on. Honorable mention that she was also known as one of the wilder kooks - she was notorious for the things she did; from giving infected stick 'n pokes, throwing parties that would often get shut down and dragging chaos wherever she went.

'No Kie because then-' The voice of none other than JJ Maybank filled the room. Cole grew annoyed as she tried to listen to Mr.Sunn. 'Can you stop talking?' She turned around to face the blonde haired boy. He glared at her with a dumbfounded expression, oblivious to how loud he was being.

'Oh oh god.. I'm sorry.' His open mouth soon turned into a grin. 'Is the kook queen getting bothered by me?' He started again. 'Look, I get you act like this cool stoner dude that doesn't care about anything,' Cole tilted her head slightly ', but I'm actually trying to learn something.'

'God forbid I interrupt your precious learning m'lady.' He shook his head, the blonde pieces sticking out his cap followed. 'JJ cut it out dude.' Pope chimed in, also clearly annoyed. 'You should really start listening to your friends.' Cole shot a glance at JJ, before happily turning back to face the board.

JJ began silently mocking the girl right infront of him - mouthing stupid words and making ever dumber hand gestures. John B hit his hands away, controlling his friend. 'What man?' JJ raised his eyebrows. 'Mr.Maybank.' Mr.Sunn turned around to face the continuous noise coming from behind them. A rather loud 'hmm' escaped from Cole's pursed lips as the boy behind her got scolded.

...

'I mean who the hell does she think she is man?' JJ rolled his eyes walking with his group of friends down the hall. 'Didn't you hit on her all the time in like 7th grade?' John B asked, opening his locker door, earning a loud chuckle from Pope. 'Well duh, she's a super hot surfer chick but when she opens her mouth-'

'She's actually pretty cool,' Kiara cut JJ off, not caring for his stupid rant ',I was friends with her during my kook year - she was always doing some stupid shit that got us in trouble.' Kiara was  always hesitant mentioning her kook year around the pogues. 'The keyword there is kook.' JJ pointed his finger at her before turning around.

His eyes landed on the girl he just mentioned, standing with her other kook friends. The group of pogues scanned them up and down - examining their well dressed figures, and preppy stances. 'Whose that?' John B asked Kiara, who was also staring. 'That's Sarah Cameron,' She began ', We were all best friends once.. the golden trio.'

'Whatever man,' JJ rolled his eyes ',I'm sick of staring at American Eagle and it's mannequins.'

...

Laughs filled the room of Sarah Cameron. 'I mean c'mon,' Cole laughed beside her friend ', Don't you think Topper's a bit annoying?' Sarah quickly shot up from the bed 'He's not Cole, he's just a good boyfriend.'

Cole slowly rose from the bed, rolling her eyes at her friend. 'Anyways, the kegger tonight - you going?' Sarah asked, avoiding the Topper topic. 'Uh shit, probably.' Cole turned back to Sarah. 'That group of pogues is hosting - you know,' Sarah started ', Kiara and those boys.'

'Oh god no,' Cole groaned, flopping back onto the bed. 'What?' Sarah chuckled, nudging her friend a little. 'Do you know how annoying JJ is?' She replied, shoving her head into the pink pillows. 'No ways...' Sarah got up, still staring at her friend. 'Is Cole La Hana turning down a party?'

Cole raised her messy head from the pillow to look at her friend. 'I don't believe it, do my eyes deceive me?' Sarah raised one of her eyebrows at Cole. 'Shut up,' Cole laughed before launching the pillow towards her ', you are so annoying.'

'You know you love me.' Sarah jumped on to the bed. 'Don't flatter yourself Sarah Cameron.' Cole laughed, rolling over. 'Go get ready,' Sarah laughed ', I'm gonna tell Rafe and Top.'

'God what a shit show,' Cole chuckled before getting a towel ', I love you but your brother's a dick and Topper's a wuss.' Sarah gasped before laughing ', Cole! You cant say that - sometimes you're too honest.' Sarah was right, Cole was incredibly honest, sometimes too much. 'And that's why I'm a great friend.' Cole winked before closing the bathroom door.

.   •   ˚ *.   ⁺ .         . ✦ .   * ・   .         .

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

HI. so this is kinda just a small chapter to see the dynamic ofcole and sarah and sorta a bit of the enemy relationship between JJ and cole.obviously there will be mentions of the actual OBX story line but the book wont be solely about the story line - i just know its tiring to read and stuff <3 i hope u guys enjoy this !! any advice would be so appreciated :)

- kenna