08

Titans Season 3 Episode 7 Spoilers
This chapter is the previous one but in Lily's pov <3

"Glad you decided to join us." Dick said as Lily stumbled into the BatCave half awake. "Whatever. What's this?" She yawned, motioning to the screen displaying the murder of citizens. "A dozen dead in under two hours. Crane and Red Hood were only doing a trial run." He explained.

"So he's weaponizing people who take is drug?" She asked, Dick nodding. "It's turning people into violent psychopaths." Kory chimed in.

"That's what it did with Jason."

"Jason's gone. He's Red Hood now." Lily cut off Gar. "She's right. It's time we accept who he is. Now that Crane has the multiplier, he's gonna start mass producing this drug." Grayson added with a sigh. "This was the damage after three inhalers, imagine what happens after thirty thousand." Kory scoffed. "Gotham would tear itself apart..." Gar muttered.

"Did you do scans on the machine yet?" Grayson asked Conner, "I tried to trace the multiplier's heat and power signatures, but so far, nothing. It's like he's hidden it."

"Keep looking." Grayson ordered, turning on his heel. "Where are you going?" Lily asked. "There's another computer at the GCPD that does this sorta thing. A bit better hardware."

"Why haven't we been using that then?"

"Because it's illegal."

"As if this is legal." Lily scoffed as he walked out. "Well, if we're breaking laws, I've got an unhappy mobster to track down." Kory sighed, walking out as well. "Ok then." Gar smiled sarcastically.

~

"Take me with you. I'm tired of sitting around." Lily pleaded, grabbing her sweater. "Fine but if he says anything it was your idea." Conner sighed. "Of course." Lily chuckled, linking arms and showing up at Dick's side within seconds.

"Crane?" Conner asked, looking at the red van a few feet in front of them. "Maybe. Can you...why'd you bring her?" Grayson asked, looking at Lily. "I forced him to."

"Right. Anyways, can you scan it?" He repeated, motioning to the van. Conner nodded and began to focus.

"It's covered in lead. I can't see through it."

"Alright, knuckle up. You two take the right side." He ordered, the two nodding. Conner and Grayson swung open the doors at the same time, a man wrapped in duck tape cried inside. "He knew we were coming." Dick sighed seeing a piece of tape with red writing saying 'Save me Dick Grayson!'.

Lily reached forward to pull down the mans collar to reveal the same bomb Hank had over his heart. "Oh, shit." She gulped seeing the number drop fast. "You'll be ok. Defuse it." Grayson said taking Lily's hand to pull her back as Conner stared at it.

"Conner?"

"It's been modified. I can't defuse it. You two have to go."

"What?"

"There's no time."

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Dick, there's no time!" Conner shouted with panic as Lily sprinted back, watching Grayson fly through the air just as the van/man exploded.

"That van was a trap. Who gave you this address?" Conner asked nonchalantly, walking out of the blaze. "Someone I should've known better than to trust." Grayson sighed, catching his breath. "You think?" Lily mumbled, taking Conner's hand to stand.

Grayson ended his brief phone call, patted Conner's shoulder and began walking away without a word. "Hate when he does that." Lily mumbled, walking in the opposite direction, "You coming?" she called out to Conner who hesitated before following.

~

"Two chairs." Lily mumbled. "Jason and Arwen." Gar added with a sigh. "I tried to warn her but no." Lily sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "We'll find them." Grayson reassured with a smile. "Sure.."

A/n: very short chapter, apologies. I tried to get this out earlier but school happened so super sorry about that :/ but next chapter will be out later on or tomorrow :) <3