Chapter - 14

"Shaurya...mein yahi hoon....Ps...please aakhe kholiye...dekhiye aap ki anokhi aapke samne hai..." cupping his face in her hands...having tears soaking her cheeks in seeing him this way she was helpless.
Shaking him from his sleep ..as he woke up she hugged him....and he gripped her as if he would loose everything all over again.

Wiping his sweat due to fear and a few tears that escaped from his eyes...cupping his face she said,"mein kahi jaa rahi hoon...tumne bura sapna dekha...kabhi nahi jaungi..."gave him water to drink as he rested his head on her lap and held onto her dress and shivered with just a mere thought of reliving yesterday made him sleepless! Anokhi had tears in her eyes...caressing his hair and forehead she hummed the lullaby that her mother would hum during her brutal time in Kapurtala!

He found his peace and slept, she looked at him kissed him on his forehead and caressed his hair throughout the night! Until she fell asleep. 

It was early morning when Shaurya woke up to see his wife sleeping and him in her lap.  Knowing the fact he just had a panic attack and she calmed him down. Kissed her hands which were around his neck...adjusting her properly on the bed ,kissed her forehead and saw the marks on her neck and instantly got mad.

He freshened up and went down ,without disturbing her...sat alone in the lawn where Aastha was present, seeing him disturbed she went to him..touching his head from behind, "maa aap!"
Without even seeing or hearing her voice he said.
"Haan ! Lagta hai tum bara baar se soye nahi ho! Anokhi toh thik hai na?" Concerned mother quizzed about her kids.
He nodded and rested his head on her shoulder, " maa kya mein itna bura hoon kya?"Innocently he asked her.
"Nahi ...kisne kaha? " She cupped his face in her hands and saw tears in his eyes.
"Mera ladoo sab se acha hai...mere ladoo jaisa koi nahi "
"Toh fir ma mein apni anokhi ko kyu bachna nahi paya?I should have gone with her in the morning..."
"Shaurya...nahi...wo tumare haath mein nahi tha...wo sab guzar gaya hai...make sure she doesn't remember that fateful morning! Ye tumari zimmedhari hai..beta" giving her son hope .
"Haan maa..par uske gaale par jo inshaan hai wo dekh kar khudko khosta hoon...usne kitni bhagne ki koshish ki hogi..sir par chot, stitches...she can't properly walk or even sit up...mene usse wada kiya tha...ki mein usse kuch nahi hone dunga aur mene kya kiya...jab se wo yaha aayi hai laad rahi hai apne sath ,apno ke sath...ek dad hai jo usko apnaya hai...Kanchan and Gayatri chachi ne bhi...baki ke log aise treat karte hai jaise she doesn't exist!" Holding his mother's hand he told her what he had kept inside him all this while...and she just heard him.

"Haar koi ek jaisa nahi hota hai Shaurya...jitna mein Anokhi ko janti hoon wo bahut himmat wali hai...aur rehi baat ghar walo ki..wo aise hi hai...unko thoda time do!"Though she knew they won't change even with time.
" time..time...mene haar kiske kuch na kuch kiya...not that I'm complaining mein karta rahoonga...but baat meri wife ki hai...wo yaha mere baroshe aayi hai aur usne bola bhi tha we aren't a match...par baat mene hi nahi Suni...aur dekho yaha usse koi accept nahi kar raha hai...haar baat par kuch na kuch hota rehta hai...mein bolta hoon toh wo bhi usse sunate hai..time ma..time sab ke liye sab karo aur badle mein sirf itna maanga to support me and accept my choice..haar choti badi life ke decisions mere zindagi ke sab ne liye...aur mene manane...par ek decision mene liya toh shagun se zabardasti sagai karwai di...mene tab kuch nahi kaha kyuki tab badima ki tabiyat thik nahi thi...par waha bhi kya hua unhone jooth bola mujhse...fir anokhi ke sath badtmeezi ki shagun ne mere absence mein and bade papa ne blackmail...Alok chachu ne uska saman room se phikwa diya...shadi hui par kisi ki khushi nahi thi..haar choti choti baat par uske family ko sunna pada! Humare barabari jo nahi ki...fir jabse wo ghar mein aayi hai tabse kuch na kuch hua hai...aur ab ye!" He spoke his heart out to his mother.
She knew he was stressed with events that were going on his life and she was helpless.
She touched his back and caressed it...but what he said shocked her to her last cell!
"Aap ko pata hai ACP ko lagta hai ki ghar mein koi involved hai..."

This thought just send chills in both of them!
He saw his watch and knew it was Anokhi's time to take her dose and freshen up moreover the doctor was going to come for check up! Before leaving he asked her not to tell about the ACP thing! She promised and nodded.

He left from there and took breakfast for Anokhi and him in the room. Ignored Devi and just went to his room, which made her uncomfortable and then saw Aastha entering and lost in her thoughts, blamed Aastha to snatch Shaurya from her as well as Anokhi!

Aastha who still had things going on her head ,was stopped by Devi to hear a earful of taunts to which she ignored and walked towards the room! Shaan who was busy with his work and on a call with the doctors for a follow up on Anokhi's health!

"Noor kya hua?"
"Haan...kuch nahi...bas apni bacho ki chinta ho rahi hai...shaan abhi abhi shaadi hui hai aur kya kuch nahi hua hai un dono ke sath especially Anokhi ke sath...beti manana hai usse aur ek bhi maa wala farz pura nahi kar payii hoon mein...na Shaurya ke taraf aur na hi Anokhi taraf!" She sat zapped on the bed
"Baat toh tum sahi khe rahi hoon...dono bacho ko sukoon se do pal bhi nahi mil rahe hai! Aur upar se Anokhi ka accident...wo bhi kitna freak tha...na unhone paise liye , phone ya kuch bas usko ghayal karke chale gaye...but ek baat manani padegi...anokhi hai himaat wali...apne aap ko bacha liya unse aur ek ko ghayal kar diya...she is very brave...just like you!" He smiled at her...

Happy reading and happy weekend ❤️😀