Chapter 20

GEORGINA SOLANCA

As soon as Conrad knew about the incident in his house, he rushed himself just to find out about us. There were glints of anger and distress in his face, he wouldn't stop moving himself back and forth.

Right now, he is constantly circling around the room. He wouldn't stop, I know he is terrified about what happened and I wouldn't forbid him on that.

"Conrad, sit down. There's nothing you can do from stressing yourself." I tried catching his attention while cuddling with the babies and unfortunately he was like a deaf man who seemed to be clouded with so many thoughts that even a speaker won't break loose his worried mind.

I didn't speak again, instead I just continued staring at Margaux who's now busy playing with my shirt. Mattias is busy sleeping, he doesn't really last an hour of being awake, he would just sleep on his own and ignore the world.

Nang makaramdam ako ng pagka-uhaw, binalik ko muna sa crib si Margaux at hinalikan siya bago naglakad palabas ng kwarto. Bago pa naman ako makalabas ay narinig ko ang malaking boses ni Conrad.

"Where are you going?" he curiously asked. Mabilis siyang naglakad papalapit sakin at taas kilay akong tinitigan. Napakunot naman agad ang noo ko sa inasta niya.

"I'll drink water, I'm kinda thirsty. Why?" I asked. "Why do you seem so anxious? Is there something wrong?"

On the contrary, he ignored my question and sat on the bed. I waited for him to say anything but he didn't, so I decided to get some water for myself and went back quickly to our room.

Unlike before, the place were so gloomy and is heavily guarded by hundreds of skilled men. Yes, I'm traumatized by that horrifying incident and I couldn't even sleep peacefully at night thinking about what danger will we face ahead. I'm completely bothered if are we still safe or we are in the edge of survival?

I didn't have the courage to ask Conrad about the occurrence, from his actions these days, I know he is thinking about it too. As much as I wanna feed my curiosity, I just feel the need to stay silent too, not because I'm afraid of his lethal words and insults, but I'm afraid it will just cause him emotional problems too.

We've been very hard to each other since then, we both have our own battles and this time, I just wanted to let him worry less and think lesser about it. I didn't want him to know how afraid I am for my life, for my babies life and for his life as well.

Those heartless people who caused chaos in Conrad's house deserves to rot in hell, they need to be punished and they should pay for whatever problem they inflicted to us.

I sat on the other chair across the bed and watched my children sleep in their own. Conrad is also asleep, and that's good. He should rest, we all deserve to take a break from all these catastrophe.

My phone rang. I grabbed it immediately and checked who the caller is, but nothing surprised me as I saw Saint's name on the screen.

"Hey. What's up? You want anything?" I greeted and decided to go to the balcony to get some fresh air. I shrugged myself when the cold wind touched my skin.

"Hi, how are you? I just called to ask if you and the babies are fine! Haha." he replied and I just smiled a bit. Obviously, we're not. I'm afraid, but you don't have to know.

"Spain is good. We're just safe here, when didn't we become unsafe, right? How about you? Have you visited the Mom and Dad?" I asked back and diverted the topic. Really, I wanted to reach out my family but not today.