Chapter 14

Ang Ikalabing-apat na Kabanata:
Sweet Escape

Sam felt so heavy inside. Amanda was still in Tracey's room. Hindi siya masyadong nag-aalala dahil monitored ni Freya ang bawat galaw ni Amanda sa loob ng kwarto. I don't know how she does it but she said she got it under control so she trusts her.

Nilingon niya si Tracey na kasalukuyang nasa balcony ng hotel room niya. Tahimik lang itong nakaupo roon habang nakatanaw sa kulay kahel na langit.

Naaawa siya sa kaibigan. Hindi niya iyon masabi dahil alam niyang ayaw ni Tracey na kinakaawaan. That's why she's always been fierce since then. But she knows behind those fearless eyes, a soft hearted girl lies.

Lumapit siya kay Tracey at umupo sa tabi nito. Bago pa siya makapagsalita, inunahan na siya nito.

"I'm okay."

Sam smiled. They barely make a heart-to-heart talk dahil madalas na nangyayari sa kanilang tatlo ay away, pikunan, at asaran lang. So when one of them silently approaches the other without any hint of plan to argue, she's planning for a serious talk.

"Usually, other people say they're okay when in fact they are not."

"Sorry to pop your bubble but I'm not one of those 'other people' you're talking about." She arrogantly replied.

Sam just looked at the skies too. "Sometimes, being honest to yourself isn't being weak." She stated.

Tracey went silent like she was badly struck by her words.

"It's okay to admit you're not okay, Tracey. It's okay to ask for someone's comfort. Sometimes, asking for support is being brave. You are able to bravely accept the fact that you can be weak sometimes and you will need other people's arms to hold you too. Acceptance is bravery, Trace." Sam added with her most reassuring tone.

Pagkalipas ng ilang segundong katahimikan, she felt Tracey's head slowly sliding down on her shoulder. Sam's heart was filled with warmth. This is one of those rare times that Tracey is letting herself to lean on someone for a bit while. Inayos niya ang pustura nila para parehas silang mas maging komportable. Inakbayan niya ang kaibigan pagkatapos ay nilagay ang kamay sa ulo nito. She's softly patting Tracey's head.

"Someday, everything will be okay, Tracey. Hold on to the promises of future. You will be okay." She said and leaned her head on hers too.

They just sat right there, in front of the orange sea of clouds, hoping that someday, the heavens will permit Sam's words to happen, sooner or later.

AMANDA woke up from deep sleep. Namamaga na rin ang mga mata niya sa labis na pag-iyak kanina. One of the things she hates the most is reminiscing. It gets painful as it gets to the climax of her troubles.

She sat on the bed and clutched her knees. Gusto niya ulit umiyak. Pero na realize niya na wala naman nang magagawa ang mga luha niya, not even easing the discomfort in her heart. It only worsens her negative thoughts and self-blaming. Everyone's been saying it was not her fault. But her her mind and heart can't seem to accept it. They were full of 'what if' and 'if only' sentences. Regret and conscience are reigning her thoughts.

She was planning to start a new beginning and let everything go. But the fear was able to chase her down again. She was almost ready to commit again. But her past wouldn't just let her.

Like, how can Gio be Ephraim's little brother? Hindi naman siya in-inform ni tadhana na may playtime pala sila.

"Malapit na eh..." she painfully whispered. Napayuko siya. A tear fell down again. Wala na talagang katapusan ang mga luha niya.