15. In the eye of the strom, life goes on

TW: Homophobia (and a little bit racism) in this chapter.
You have the right to hit those bitches :D
I don't support homophobia or racism, but I can't erase it, because it would be first unrealistic and then, it would be a hate crime.

——————————————————-

Sam was alone in his hawkish uniform, and indeed, he had half a dozen pizza boxes in his hands.

- Pizza! the little girl shouted as she beamed at the pseudo-delivery boy.

The three adults smiled and went into the fully equipped modern kitchen.
No one could resist the call of pizza.

- How did you find us? the blond finally asked after a few bites.

- I asked Fury who did some research for finding the girl's home, since you had the quinjet on invisible mode.
Hmm too good this Hawaiian.

Bucky gave him a look... disturbed, shall we say.

- Oh, it's okay, soldier, relax a little, and I assure you it's not that bad.

- I like it! declared the little girl.

- Oh no, you contaminated it! grumbled Nastya.
Now she will want to put pineapples everywhere!

- I'm sorry, Sam apologized falsely, "not sorry at all.
By the way Captain, change of program. Tony sent me to get you, saying that the world needs Captain America more than Bucky and the girl, and he asked me to come and take your place.

- Oh, is that what the pizza was for? I tought right : it was suspicious...

- Bucky doesn't start, does he?

They were interrupted by a fist banging on the table.

- Oh no! exclaimed the owner of said fist, who had just blown her hand on the table.
I've already given. The world has no case to go elsewhere if we are there! There's no reason why it should always be the same people who save it! Iron Stark can save it too, right?

- Well, that is to say... He can't do it right now...

- Oh yes, why?

- Well, because he's celebrating the victory of the world with his wife, his daughter, the Parkers, Happy and a boy named Harley...

- Great, at least he still has a family to celebrate the victory of his world with, but I've lost most of my family and all of my world, so Tony is nice, but he can go and fuck himself in Wakanda if I'm there, to be polite, and he'd better not come back to see me if I'm not there!
Let's say that we celebrate the victory of the world as a family, and include Captain in the family, and that's it!

Sam was confused and didn't know what to do.

Steve got up, left the room and came back with his shield.

Everyone was looking at him. Was he going to let them down?

- You should go Sam, Steve said, handing Sam his shield in disbelief.
I'm needed here.

- Can you... You're giving it to me?

- Let's just say I'm lending it to you for an indefinite period.

- Tony's not gonna be happy.

- Who cares? On the contrary, he'll be delighted not to see me anymore.
Good luck Sam, you'll need it, he concluded, giving him a hug.

- Thanks, Steve. I mean it.

- You're welcome. Go on, get out of here if you want to be back before snack time!