30. Bye-bye Miss American Pie

TW: I cried while writing this chapter. I know that I said that I wouldn't care about the Black Widow movie in this fic but I really like this song. 

Besides, I'm the author, so I do what I want.

(This chapter will not contain Black Widow's spoilers, except for the song, so if you haven't see it yet, it safe)

PS: The Dembline is back! (Yep, I'm fangirling over my own fiction)

PPS: Friendly remember that we're after Endgame so in 2023 in the fic, even if I wrote it in 2020-2021

———————————————-

Bucky blushed quietly and tried to hide his confusion, but when it came to Steve, his mask of indifference cracked and he let his true emotions show.

- ... We're not really together, he finally admitted. Not officially anyway. It's complicated.

- Do you want a hand?

- Nah, I'm good, thanks.

- How long have you two been hanging out?

- I was seventeen and he was sixteen the first time...

- I don't want details, she cut him off. Your sexual life is none of my business!

The dark-hair man blushed violently.

- We did not... Well, not there! It was our first kiss not our first fuck! (1)

- Ha! Oh, right!

Nastia blushed, confused. The misunderstanding! She felt so stupid!

- But then, when you think about it, she remarked aloud, you're the only one who knew Steve before he took a size of an ice cabinet!

... It's depressing. Dembline, did I say that out loud?!

Bucky nodded but didn't answer. The teenager blushed with shame and hid her face in her hands for a moment.

Then she raised her head and looked at Bucky, his eyes lost in the void, a sad smile on his face.

- What did he look like? Nastia asked softly, curious.

She had often asked him when she was little, and Bucky had always loved talking about Steve. That hadn't changed.

- He was very small, Bucky smiled.

Nastia loved the way Bucky's eyes softened when he talked about Steve.

- Before the serum, Steve was often sick.
He was in a lot of fights, too. I always told him he was going to be responsible for my gray hair. That didn't stop him from going back to fighting...

Well, to be exact, he was getting his ass kicked. But he never gave up. He always got back up. That's why I love my little punk.

Nastia let out a little laugh.

- Don't tell him I still call him that, Bucky asked, slightly ashamed.

- I promise! smiled Nastia.
But then, have you ever done uh... adult stuff that's none of my business but you're not dating?

- Indeed, it's none of your business, and, as I said, it's complicated.

- Like what?

- Like I lost my memory and I'm not sure I got it all back, and I'm having trouble adjusting to the times.
Steve and I always hid, and now we're being told that we can live in the open without hiding?
It's too good, there must be a catch...