Chapter 4

A simple coincidence 

        "How's France?"

        Jeongyeon felt better, better than yesterday. She placed the phone between her shoulder and against her ear, noting she hadn't made any calls last night when she was supposed to. She was flat-out asleep. Guess, the wine did her justice.

        "Fine." She answered while scrolling through her laptop. "The place is great. The food," She paused, smiling. "Made me speechless. Momo would love it here."

        A skittish chuckle echoed from the other line, accompanied by laughter that she recognized well.

        "She loves anywhere with good food, you know that Jeongyeon." Jihyo reminded as if it's a simple matter they should know.

        "You're not going to work?"

        "We are." She heard a few ruffles, a stretch of silence after. "Sana's waiting in the parking lot, came back here to remind Momo to keep everything in place — you know, we didn't want to burn your apartment into ashes. You won't like that."

        They've been friends for years, still counting and the thought brought back unforgettable memories they had in their teenage days. They have different plans, different dreams, and they should have walked through separate paths before to pursue what they truly love, but coincidence or not, or just by the work of fate, they met again in the city. Jeongyeon faced struggles before — applied in countless agencies and companies, been turned down several times, had to look for another but along with her discrepancies, it was a fated day when she met Sana. In a job interview. Like her, she was opting to work in the same line of clothing brands.

         Momo is a dance instructor in one of Seoul's dance academies.

        Jihyo on a lighter note is an elementary teacher.

        Jeongyeon shook her head, giggling to herself. "You should go now," She said softly, looking intently at the screen. "I'll call tonight, okay? Tell Yoongi and Jungkook I said hi."

        It was a short conversation that hadn't even reached the peak where they had to share random stories, but she knows they have priorities to attend to than just a phone call. And she knew she have a couple of things listed in her mind she has to do — continue unpacking her baggage, clean her bedroom, and check on her emails, activities she considered not that important before, but is now.