Chapter 7

Opening Introduction Day

        "Myoui. Myoui Mina."

        Nayeon elaborated with emphasis while she drank her beer. The busy buzz of the bar didn't dissipate their conversation, instead, it interested Jeongyeon quite oddly in her part. She looked around, swiveled the remaining liquid in her glass then faced her companion.

        "She's a model. A tycoon. A wealthy woman of some sort." Nayeon continued.

        "Is that some kind of threat?"

        "Ha—no!" She shook her head, but then nodded slowly at the latter second. "I'm just letting you know, Jeongyeon-ah."

        The pair remained silent for a while. Watching the place filled with people, it was the perfect area to handle such a meetup. Nayeon hasn't convinced her, Mina, her so-called boss to tag with them. It was a struggle, a battle but she well damn knows that whatever comes forth between decision-making, between anything else and her fiancé, Jimin takes the priority... is the priority.

        She doesn't know the guy pretty well. All she heard was he was working with the same corporation they are under, only the difference is he works for the South Korean branch. They were already a thing when Nayeon started working for the company, and their romance had blossomed to engagement less than a year when Jimin flew to the states. They were lovestruck they say, two persons madly in love.

        "She's not someone you can easily bypass with."

        "Nayeon." Jeongyeon now steadily breath. "I haven't done anything wrong. I didn't steal — it wasn't even close to flirting." She managed in a poised tone.

        "That's not it. Mina," The other purse her lips, shaping the right words in her mouth. "She had this personality... she's a little overprotective when it comes to Jimin."

       Jeongyeon while juggling an unbothered expression, asked.

        "For what matter?"

        "Something happened before. Something that triggered her protectiveness over him. I don't know." Nayeon shrugged her shoulders. "She's been like that since..." Welcoming defeat and derailing the subject, she eventually responded.