Chapter 11

⚠️

⚠️

High

        The next day, Mina had a meeting and Jimin was obliged to accompany her. You didn't need to come, she said when she got out of bed but he had already taken her hand with him. Stopping her mid-action, Jimin told her he didn't want to coop up here with nothing to do but wait for the upcoming activities of the convention.

        Mina smiled after a moment and eventually agreed.

        Jimin looked at their reflections in the mirror that morning, mulling at the event last night. I'll try, he answered with conviction and without a doubt. He didn't hear whether Jeongyeon tried to protest or pose an argument when he left her there. But standing in that room with Mina doing the tie of his suit, with eyes unaware of his infidelity, he should stop.

        Guilt should have wrapped his head in thick fog. Conscience should have snaked through his veins.

        "There, perfect." Their gazes met; Mina remained soulfully beautiful.

        Jimin was determined to move forward.

━━

        They were nearly four hours into the meeting when boredom seemed to have overtaken his features but he tried not to show it. They've talked about the company, Mina's Boutique, possible endeavors, and future alliances since the convention meeting yesterday. Some had offered for collaboration already, something Mina was grateful for but the decision itself couldn't reside from her. It's her father's. Not yet anyway. Not until she was officially to be named as CEO.

        Jimin tried hard not to yawn but failed. And that brought them to a break.

        Mina massaged his shoulder for a little while.

        "Tired already?"

        "A little."

        "You could go, you know."

        "I'll finish the meeting with you."