Mistake(Part-1)

I look down at the object in my hand. My eyes water, droplets falling. Two thin stripes display themselves on it. I was pregnant. I was pregnant with his child. My hand closes over my mouth trying to silence my sobs. A baby is growing inside of me. I was happy to have this baby but what if he wasn't? He was scared of becoming a father. I knew he was. He told me multiple times and I was okay with it as long as I had him by my side...but now a child will come between us and he might not accept it. I-I don't know what to do.

A knock resonates through the door. I jolt up at the sound.

"Mila, you there", his muffled voice is heard.

"Y-Yeah. I'll be out in a minute", I fumble with the pregnancy stick desperately trying to hide it somewhere. I don't want him to know about it just yet. I splash water on my face and wipe it with a towel. Looking at myself in the mirror, I try to form a smile. He shouldn't see me like this. He doesn't need me to be a burden. He has gone through so much and I don't want to ruin his happiness. I unlock the bathroom door to find him sitting on the bed in his grey sweatpants and black hoodie. He likes to wear those a lot always saying something about them being comfy.

His eyes lighten up at my form, I walk over and stand in front of him. He places his hands on my hips, squeezing them lightly. His face nuzzling in my hands, his stubble tickling my fingers lightly. I lean down and place a kiss on his plump lips. He closes in deepening the kiss but I pull back and flash a convincing smile at him.

"How was work love?"

"It was so tiring but now I'm home and all I wanna do is cuddle", he says cutely. Wrapping his hands around my standing form. His head was directly on my stomach. A wave of sadness washes over me, I keep my tears from falling.

"We can eat dinner and then cuddle. How does that sound?", I ask him leaving his embrace.

"Okay, let me just freshen up and I'll come down", he stands up and pecks my lips before going into the bathroom. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. Taking out the pasta and that sauce I place them on the dining table. Serving a good amount of portion for us on the plates, I put down the salad bowl. I hear footsteps rushing down the stairs and I turn around. His face looks ghostly pale and his hair is in a dishevelled state probably from running his hands on it multiple times.

"What is this?", my heart stops at the object in his hand. I inhale sharply my eyes darting towards it.

"Are you pregnant?", no words leave my mouth as he starts to ask me questions.

"Mila, are you fucking pregnant?", his voice gets louder and I flinch at that. His eyes soften at my action. My heart beats fast against my chest, I find it hard to breathe as I try to stop the tears from falling.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry", I break down crying in front of him. All the pent up emotions just explode from me as I expect his actions. The fact that he'll leave me sets into my mind, making me sob louder. Our baby is going to grow without a father and it's all because of me. I should've aborted the baby the moment I knew about it but something stopped me. The baby is a sign of our love and to kill that is impossible, it makes me nothing more than a murderer. How can I do that? How can I live with that?

Suddenly I'm encased in warmth. His arms wrap around me, pressing me to his chest. He whispers sweet nothings into my ear. Confused by his actions I look up at him. His eyes are red and tears form in his eyes.

"Baby you're pregnant?" he asks me softly. I meekly nod my head at him. His eyes lit up and a wide smile spread on his face. I sigh in relief still a little confused by his actions.

"You're not angry?" I whisper.

"I'm not. Why would I be?", his eyebrows furrow in confusion

"I-I thought you said you didn't want a child"

"Mila I did say that but I kind of wanted one....we....I-I am the one who came up with that decision and you agreed to my wishes because you love me and I still remember the words you told me that day at the altar.

"I'll be with you always no matter what happens, no matter whatever we do, I will always be with you because I love you"

"What good of a husband am I if I stop you from wanting our child, what good of a father am I if I stop myself from wanting our baby.", he takes a deep breath controlling himself from crying. Tears fall from my eyes as I hold his hands, emotional from what he said.

"I want to move on from my past. I want to be better and I will try so much harder now to be the best for both of you. It's a promise.", he kissed my forehead, both of us silently crying.

His hands untangle from mine and he strokes my stomach. A small smile adorns his face, love, hope and concern all together shining in his eyes. I place my hands on him, both of us just embracing the feeling of having a new miracle in our life.

"We're in this together", I whisper to him smiling.