Roslyn

Her cold body fell on the steps. Blood splattered on her royal blue dress seeping into its ravelled threads. The sword in her hand felt heavy as she lay there lifeless as a corpse. Her golden crown felt like a curse to her as it rested on her head, the sapphires embedded in it seemed to weigh her down with grief. The vexation of not being able to do anything hit her paralyzed body. Her ringing ears could perceive the sound of footsteps as they rushed towards her.

"Call the king! Now!!!", the unknown man shouted orders, his voice resonated through the hallway. She lay there listening to the commotion around her. It was a stupid idea to come here in this condition but for some weird reason, her heart said that is the best place to be. Her mother used to say that following your heart is just as much important as listening to your brain. The mind speaks facts but the heart often exhibits your deepest desires.

A static reverberation suffused through her head, the voices around her drowning like a broken ship. She squeezed her eyes shut to purge it out. Suddenly warm hands pulled her up, into someone's chest. The revolting noise inside her mind was replaced with the soothing voice of a heartbeat. A sigh escaped her lips as the soft sound lulled her free of her problems, she had this urge to listen to it all the time. Their hands clutched her tightly to them, the feeling was foreign to her but she knew who it was.

She felt him run, she could feel the blood from her wounds drip down on the floor, it would be difficult to clean them up. He wouldn't like her tainting his castle. After all, everyone here believed she was like her father, it brought a stab of pain through her already broken heart. She didn't wish to be part of the problem people faced and here she finally felt her soul succumb to the pain experienced by them. It takes one ruler to set an example either by force or by potency. Earn the respect of your people, not fear is what her mother taught her, all she wanted was to disassociate herself from her father's clutches and as a result that she ended up losing everything.

She felt her body lowered onto something and as soon as the soft texture of the bed hit her back her mind went blank, her bruised form melting into the velvety smooth material finally surrendering to its desires. It was begging for rest and she felt a sigh escape her lips as she knew her body would let go but a warm hand stroking her face brought her out of her wicked intrusive thought. His touch felt so heavenly that she could detect a little hope seep into her.

He watched her sprawled on the bed, crimson blood slid down into the white sheets painting it a daunting image. She looked pretty in red. Even if her body was covered in dark scarlet ichor and her lips the same shade with her pale face glistening in sweat, she still managed to look like a queen. It was no doubt she was one. His cold heart started beating fast as he stared at her, an unknown emotion went through him. The urge to bang his head on a wall at his irrational solicitude increased. He looked away, clenching his jaw harshly.

He hated her. He hated her for making him feel this way. He knew that his forefathers would be disappointed in him for even taking her into his castle but he didn't want to be like them. He didn't want to be a cold-blooded murderer, an enervating apparition that sucked the lives of the innocent. More importantly, he didn't want to be like her father. The one-man he despised the most other than his father. They both had this rivalry that had no end and in the midst of that many people had lost their souls. It disgusted him that he was related to him and a part of him wondered if she was like him.

He watched as the doctor tried to fix her broken parts, anticipation swirled in him like an outrageous tornado, his emotions getting out of control. Watching someone you were supposed to loathe was supposed to bring satisfaction but his wild thoughts didn't label her as one.

"Sire, why are we treating her. She's the enemy. Shouldn't we kill her? The little bitch should be put in her place", his father's old minister said to him with distaste, the man's eyes glaring at her form.

Strong hands gripped onto his wrinkled neck, cutting his airflow. The man gasped as he tried to suck in air.

"Don't you ever speak about her like that? One more word out of your mouth and I rip off your tongue yes?", his deep voice emanated darkly. The threat radiated around the room making everyone take a step back from their king. He let go of the man's throat and he fell to the ground desperately trying to inhale air.

A soft groan escaped her lips as the doctor worked his way through. He was about to cut open her dress when a hand stopped him.

"You will not be doing that", dark brown eyes glared at the meek doctor who nodded his head scared of their king's anger. She was his, to kill or to love? Can he even love her? To convey amorous emotions to the girl he was infatuated with since forever. He closed his eyes and shook his head to rid of these intentions but it stayed there leaving a huge impact on his heart. He opened his blue orbs determined to save her. He wouldn't dare anyone touch her.

"Get a female doctor in here and all of you OUT OF THE ROOM!! NOW!!", the command made everyone scurry off. Fear gripped everyone's heart as they ran for their life.

He watched as two women came in, one was no doubt the doctor. She immediately sprung forward assisting the patient on the bed.

"I expect her to be alive when I come back", his command sent a scary chill up the old woman. He exited the room and stayed near the door. A sigh escaped his lips as he leaned his head back on the wall. The cool surface left a chilling imprint on him as gazed longingly at the door.

He wanted to see her beautiful eyes open, the same eyes that entranced him since they were 16. Little did he know that the woman lying on the bed fighting for her life thought the same thing. She wished to see his face or more time as she knew that they were destined to be doomed, to clash like warriors and fail in the end and she was ready for that. It was their fate.

Roslyn was her name, a girl that could bewitch anyone with her sweet smile and rosy cheeks, soft sound and velvet hair that would put the Aphrodite to envy. The most beautiful girl in the world who willed herself to change the world at a young age. The girl who managed to repent the sorrows done by her father and the girl who laid there on the bed fighting for her life as her fated prayed to hoary gods to bring her back to life.