CHAPTER FOUR

THE ONE WHERE MAXINE GETS TOLD OFF BY HER MUM

Blood rushed to Maxines face as she looks down in shame

Blood rushed to Maxines face as she looks down in shame. She never liked to embarrass her mum. Though she found it amusing to tease her she never liked the thought of being scolded because of her actions.

Sirius muttered to himself, claiming it was 'Maxines fault cause she can't take a bloody spoon full of ice-cream.' Always the dramatic.

Mary's face screwed up and she was on the verge of tears. Being comforted by Lily, for the time it took for the Grey haired woman to reach the Gryffindor table.

"You three, with me, now!" She crossed her eyebrows not a hint of amusement on her wrinkled face. Gulping Sirius and Maxine climbed over the bench following her. Shortly followed by whimpering Mary who had taken one of Marlenes many tissues that were previously stuffed in her pocket.

It was like the walk of shame. Everyone glaring at you, with daggers for eyes. Analysing every flaw, every blemish, every mistake. It was horrifying.

Sirius was now picking at his fingernails in fear of what would come next. He knew his mother would get him for making his hands look so scruffy but he thought he had finally escaped the yelling. He thought he had finally escaped the tears. He thought he had finally, finally escaped the pain.

Adults, and authority figures in general for Sirius, had become something to fear and not admire. He was taught from and extremely young age to talk when spoken to, to be chivalrous and stoic. Now he wanted to break free from the glass ball his mother had placed him in.

He wanted to be shaggy, funny and have a laugh. He wanted to get messy, roll in the snow, eat with his hands every once in a while. He just wanted to be a kid... He hated the thought of being shunned away on his first day. What an awful way to go- a dumb scrabble with a friend.

He really didn't want to leave his friends behind. HIs first friends in years. His brother, Regulus, used to be his best friend but that was no longer. No longer could he venture to his younger brothers room after the ricocheting of spells left his skin bruised. No longer could he laugh at the deadly hours of night to finally have fun, even for a few hours. No longer could he build blanket forts when his parents would be gone for days at a time left on with Kreature to clean up after them. No longer did he have a haven at the hell hole he had to call a home.

Sooner or later the trio of butt hurt Gryffindors arrived at the stern Professors office. Anger written on the old woman's face she shunned her head towards the door- ordering the three to enter. Tentatively, Maxine pulled on the handle; realising it was push she nervously giggled before violently pushing the door open.

Slightly stumbling forward- due to the force of her push- she held the door open for the two blubbering children and her infuriated mother. Gulping as she passed, she looked down in shame of her actions.

Minerva made her way up to her raised platform, where her desk resided, and turned around to face three of her new members that belonged in the House of the Lion. Tutting she glanced at the three of them, her cold eyes landing on her own daughter she shook her head lightly before clearing her throat.

Sirius Black, being the dramatic boy that he was, interrupted the woman before she could even begin.

"PLEASE PROFESSOR PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T EXPELL ME. IT WAS NONE OF MY FAULT I SWEAR I MEAN I DON'T SWEAR I WOULD NEVER SWEAR I AM A GOOD PERSON! SWEAR- fuck- NOT SWEAR ON MY HEART." Rambled the raven haired boy. Looking up he saw the McGonagall pull a face of disdain before muttering, what could only sound like a 'dear Merlin save me', under her breath.

Inhaling through her nose to keep her composure she looked at the two girls that were standing either side of the bawling boy. Rubbing her hands lightly together she cleared her throat once again; making sure to shoot an unimpressed glance at Sirius as she started her statement.

"The behaviour you three have displayed in the Great Hall was absolutely abysmal. It was an absolute mockery of the school; furthermore I will be deducting 10 house points each from Gryffindor. All three of you will also be joining me in after school hour detentions for 3 weeks. Hopefully that'll make it clear to you that Hogwarts does not tolerate behaviour that of animals." Reprimanded Professor McGonagall.

Mary, at this point, was on the verge of tears. Toying with her curls- she slowly nodded her head in hopes of being let free. So did Maxine and Sirius (Let me clarify that Sirius was also on the verge of tears and twisting a lock of his shoulder length hair in his finger).

"Do I make myself clear." McGonagall stir to asked, as she raised one eyebrow.

"Yes Professor." The trio answered.

"Mr Black, Miss McDonald you may go. Maxine please stay here."

Sirius looked ashamed of his actions, something that rarely ever happens for him. He started heading to the door before looking back turning back around and drumming his right fist on the left side of his chest twice. A look of encouragement splattered across his face. He saluted the girl- then Mary pushed him out the door taking the chance to look back and grin and mouth a thank you to her new Professor.

Minerva just tutted at the girl before magicking the door closed with a flick of her wand. A look of pacification and utter disappointment swam over her rippled skin. Her mouth down turned into a frown and her eyebrows creased- exaggerating the folds of time on her skin.

Dismay written on her features she stared down at her daughter. Who was mumbling a mixture of apologies and profanities- under her breath- waiting for her mum to yell.

Yet the yelling never came, her mother approached her a slight smile contorting on her face and brought her daughter into a tender hug. Maxines eyes crystallised and she tentatively hugged her back.

"Don't you ever pull a stunt like that again Maxine- other wise I won't be the only one dealing with you."

"No promises mother." she deviously smirked.

Ayisha Speaks:
Okay it's been forever but i'm finally back- Hope you guys liked this chapter! Bit chaotic but it gets the point across(: