CHAPTER FIVE

THE ONE WHERE MAXINE MEETS HER DORM MATES

After leaving her mothers office, Maxine deemed it necessary to head over to the Gryffindor Common Room seeing as the Feast had already come to an end

After leaving her mothers office, Maxine deemed it necessary to head over to the Gryffindor Common Room seeing as the Feast had already come to an end. Bounding towards Elizabeth, the portrait who guarded the Den of the Lion, she grinned wildly before realising she didn't know the password.

Miserably, Maxine banished herself to the ledge that resided by the painting. Slumping forward she placed her chin in her hand. Twisting one the coils in her hair as she whistled a low tune.

"What's got you so down in the dumps Mini Mcgonagall?" bellowed a voice. Jolting forward, Maxine turned to face the horrendously named portrait.

You see, the young girl thought it was utterly abysmal that whoever created the portrait decided to name her the 'Fat Lady'. So that's why she opted to name her Elizabeth instead.

"Yeah I'm fine- I just don't know the blimin' password. To be honest, you guys change it so much I wouldn't be surprised if one day someone ends up forgetting all the password and write them down just to get it found out! It's so stupid." Ranted Maxine laughing lowly at the stupidity.

Tutting lowly, the portrait swung open. Noticing that the young girl hadn't noticed the opening; she swung on her hinges 3 times to make an obnoxiously loud squeaking.

"Oh go on then- just make sure you get here earlier next time you little minx!" chortled the portrait grinning before attending back the position she previously rested in.

Jumping off the ledge and back onto the top step, Maxine grinned manically before skipping right into the Common Room. The sight was like a lion cubs first roar. Innocent and pure- filled with laughter and delight.

Gawking in utter shock, the young girl couldn't take her eyes off the galloping knights that ran from portrait to portrait, how they yelled and trotted along on their horses perfectly in sync. The spitting fire, tones of orange and yellow filled the atmosphere around it the hues smothering the area it rested within.

Long curtains traversed down the window like a cascading waterfall of crimson red and glistening gold. Weaving down, beautifully and magnificently. Blocking out the raven midnight sky, the light of half a moon illuminated the room along side the fire. Constellation after constellation, filled the misty night sky.

Being knocked out of her day dreams by the head girl, Imaan Hammam, who grinned down at the girl. Her inky black hair tumbled past her shoulders just after her sharp shoulders. Her cheek bones exquisitely accentuated by her soft jawline.

"Hiya, you must be Maxine. I'm Imaan Hammam- unfortunately you're stuck with me as Head Girl this year but I'm sure it's going to be an awesome year!" The girl exclaimed, pearly white teeth exposed.

Jutting her head towards the stairs, she signalled Maxine to follow her up towards the grand stair case at the back of the Lounging Area.

Running up the colossal stairs, Maxine found herself at the top. Grinning she swung the door open only to be horrified. Girls. Everywhere!

Lily Evans, Mary McDonald and Marlene Mckinnon all sat in the centre of the dorm. A somewhat therapy circle for the McDonald girl, who was reiterating her traumatic run in with their strict teacher.

Plastering a grin on her face, like it was wallpaper, Maxine made a direct beeline for the bed in the corner. Unclamping the clips on her suitcase, she found her Queen and David Bowie posters neatly rolled to stay protected from further damage. Frayed at the edges, but still so beautiful, she started sticking them to the walls.

After 10 minute of work, Maxine jumped down from her bed to admire the work. Laughing she turned to be met by three deadpanned faces. Eyes squinted and lips trembling. Maxine knew she was in for it.

Sorry this is a really short chapter i just needed to get something out. Also this is the fave claim for Imaan cause I love her:

YALL SEE WHAT I MEAN EJEBSISBEEJDWNEKSKWNAISNSISWBEIEI!!

ALSO QUICK NOTICE:

I don't mean to make Maxine sound like a pick me. She just can't pick up on social queues when around girl and she finds it difficult to compare her life to theirs seeing as she is ya know gay (: