5. Joel Plus Five

Sorry for the late update. I broke up with my long term boyfriend a week ago and didn't feel like writing for a while.

I'm not fully happy with this chapter but I didn't want to left you guys hanging anymore.

Enjoy xx

————————————

"Why did you come here anyway? The University of Helsinki is a great one and you were doing so well there? What did Berlin offer to you that Finland didn't?" Olli asked as he sipped his beer on the large couch. We were at the house, chilling on the big couch in the living room. Joel and I got here this morning after our special night at my apartment. Guys were all happy and really supportive about our relationship when we told them what happened.

"Didn't we already talked about that for a thousand times? Why are you guys keep asking me that?" I spoke up in annoyance. For the last year of my college, I decided to apply for a program and study my last year in Berlin. The University of Berlin had better conditions and I got a scholarship, also a potential internship after my studies in Sound Engineering. Guys took it hard and it really was a big decision to make but it was only for a year and a semester ended already. 4 more months to go and then I will be back in my country, with my family and friends, with a huge advantage for my possible job applications.

"Yeah, yeah. Better conditions and internship and stuff." Joonas said while rolling his eyes at me. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Do you think it's stupid to think ahead my future?" I nodded my head at his stupidity. "You know, not everyone is in a band and can make lots of money in one night with drinking wine on stage and playing guitar." He gasped and looked offended by my response.

"You do know we work hard, right? Like, we don't even have time to sleep sometimes. Also, you know we are broke most of the time."

"Yeah but at least it's fun and the money really pays off, you guys just don't know how to manage your money so you end up broke every time. Plus, you guys wouldn't survive any other way. You love partying way too much to have a normal human being job."

"I'll give you that." Tommi said raising his beer up to me and drinking a big sip of it.

"You know what, I really am so proud of you." Joel said as he tightened his grip on my waist. I turned to my right to face him properly and smiled at him.

"You do?" I asked him eagerly. He put his right hand on my face and caressed it before speaking up.

"Of course. You're studying in a top tier university and doing so great. You were not afraid to coming to a country which you don't even speak the language and you finished a semester already, very successfully. And I'm pretty sure you deserved a gift for that."

"I thought you guys coming for my winter break was my gift." I couldn't help but got excited. This was already more than enough and plus, Joel and I were a couple now so this was really the greatest surprise ever.

"Oh dear, there's more." Niko said as he walked in the room with a bottle of champagne in his hand.

"Are we celebrating something?" I asked while looking at the expensive bottle in his hands.

"Hell yeah we are." Aleksi said as he got in the room with glasses in his hands. I looked all of them excitedly.

"Oh tell me already, I cannot wait." I spoke almost in a screaming voice.

"You remember I told you about the new record label that we signed here in Berlin? And how they have a studio we can use?" Joel asked me while smiling.