Chapter One

For the full experience, watch the movie while you're reading this.

JK, but I did watch the movie while I wrote this fanfic. I kept the songs for nostalgia
----

Aang breathed in the fresh ocean air as his ship floated through the blue waters. He watched the dolphins jump in the water with a smile on his face. He enjoyed being out at sea instead of being stuck in the castle, it was sort of... freeing in a way.

"Isn't this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face." Aang said as his dog, Appa, barked in response, "Perfect day to be at sea."

"Delightful." Piandao replied before throwing up over the side of the ship.

"Thanks for this Zuko." Aang said when his brother joined him.

"Anything for you little brother." Zuko replied as he wrapped an arm around his shoulders and ruffled his hair, "Happy birthday."

The captain began pulling on ropes to adjust the sail, "A fine strong wind and a following sea." He said as the two brothers helped him with the sail, "King Hakoda must be in a friendly-type mood."

"King Hakoda?" Aang asked in curiosity.

"Why, ruler of the merpeople, lad. Thought every good sailor knew about him." A sailor replied as he sorted through fish

"Merpeople! Aang, pay no attention to this nautical nonsense." Piandao said as the young prince played with his dog.

"But it ain't nonsense, it's the truth!" The sailor says, gesturing wildly with a fish in hand, "I'm tellin' you, down in the depths o' the ocean they live-"

He drops the fish in his hand and it flops away before landing back in the ocean.

Aang looked down at the ocean where the fish had landed before looking back at his brother, "Do you think there really are merpeople in the ocean Zuko?"

"There could be." Zuko replied as he finished adjusted the sail, "The ocean hasn't been completely explored yet. Who knows what's down there?"

Aang looked back down at the ocean with a smile. All he ever wanted was to explore the ocean, to see what wonders it holds deep below.

What he didn't know, is that the sailors were right. Down below, deep in the sea lies the city of Atlantis, where King Hakoda ruled over the merpeople.

King Hakoda cared very much for his people, but out of everyone, he cherished his two children the most as a father usually does.

His oldest is his son, Sokka, who was a warrior at heart. He loved duels and jousting and whatever else involved fighting. But he was also a romantic, this became apparent when he started flirting with girls around the kingdom.

Hakoda's youngest is his daughter, Katara, who was very free spirited. The little mermaid would always venture beyond the city in search for adventure. This worried Hakoda, especially after the passing of his wife, Kya.

The city of Atlantis was currently bustling as merpeople made their way to the palace for a special concert put together by King Hakoda's trusted advisor, Pakku.

The concert hall was filled with the citizens of Atlantis excitedly talking since the princess would be making her musical debut. Everyone had heard rumors of how beautiful her voice is and they were excited to hear it.

Their murmurs quieted down when a fanfare began playing and a seahorse announcer swam forward.

"Ahem... His royal highness, King Hakoda and his son Prince Sokka!"