25

Holly didn't know if she wanted another baby. She was toying with the idea. She knew how Cal was a good dad. And he doted on Emilie. But it was going to be hard. And with their jobs, they didn't know when they would be able to spend time with the kids.

When she woke that morning, she saw Cal sitting with Emilie. She smiled. "Morning."

"Hey. Sleep okay?" Cal asked as he kissed her.

Holly nodded. "I slept like a baby."

Cal smiled. He took her hand. "Have you thought about us having another baby? I know it will be hard. But we have each other. And we can do it."

Holly sighed. "I haven't... it's not that I don't want it, it's just... we've just had Emilie. And I want to focus on her. She has to be our main focus."

"And she will have nine months of being our main focus," Cal said.

Holly looked at him. "I need to think about it."

***
The two of them arrived at work. Lexi walked over and smiled. "How's it going?" She asked.

Holly sighed as Cal walked off with Emilie. She looked at Lexi. "He's getting annoyed with me because I don't know if I want another baby. And we have just had Emilie which makes it harder. She won't understand that there's another baby here."

Lexi smiled. "Explain that to him babes. Tell him you don't feel ready. I'm sure he will understand," she said.

Holly shook her head. "I don't know. It seems like it's too messy. He wants another baby. And maybe he wants a sibling for Emilie so they can be like Cal and Ethan. But that doesn't seem like a bad thing. But I don't think it's fair that Emilie has to compete with a new baby."

Lexi nodded. "I get that. But you have to talk to him. Help him understand where you're coming from," she told her.

***
Holly saw Cal and smiled. "Hey. Can we talk?" She asked as she looked at him.

Cal nodded and smiled. He looked at her. "What's going on? Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Yes. But I think we need to talk about the whole baby thing. I know you want one. But think of Emilie. She won't understand why she has to compete with another baby for our attention. It's not fair on her."

Cal sighed. "But that will be okay. I mean there will be two of us. We could look after them both. We could do this. We could have another baby."

Holly took his hand. "I will think about it. But I want to focus on Emilie. She's our baby girl and I don't want her feeling left out."

Cal smiled. He knew he wanted another baby. But he didn't want to pressure Holly into anything knowing it could ruin their relationship.

***
Holly was sitting with Emilie in the flat. Emilie was handing her toys and giggling. Holly knew how badly Cal wanted them to have another baby. And deep down she wanted it too.

But with the complications about to come their way, could they handle another baby?