Chapter 1

(MAY 21ST, 2015, MIAMI, FL)

"You may now kiss the bride." 

Aubrey gave me a meaningless kiss and it was official. I'm now married to a billionaire that I don't love. I didn't make this decision. It was more of my mother and fathers choice on who i get married to. 

Everyone cheered and Aubrey smiled at me. I did my best fake smile at everyone. Aubrey and I walked down the aisle, and my $10,000 dress he bought me trailed behind us. "Smile bigger." Aubrey whispered to me. I did what i was told as my mother walked toward me. "Go get dressed Onika. The reception starts in 10 minutes." She says. "Yes ma'am." I muttered. 

I went upstairs. Aubrey's stylists redid my hair and makeup, and I stared at myself in the mirror, frowning. 

I got up from the table once they were done, and I got dressed in my short reception dress that my mother picked out. I walked to the stairs where Aubrey was waiting for me. "Ready?" He asks. "Yea." I smiled at him and he linked our arms. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen..." the announcer blared through the speakers, "May I introduce for the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Aubrey Graham." 

We walked down the steps together and everyone cheered for us. My eyes scanned through the audience of people I've never seen before. I stopped when I saw Aubrey's 20 year old half brother, Safaree Samuels. He was staring right at me, and he was the only one who wasn't smiling and cheering. I quickly moved my eyes and looked at Aubrey. 

He smiled and kissed my cheek. I saw Safaree's eyes get narrow. We finally reached the bottom of the stairs and everybody made a path for us. We walked to the dance floor and Aubrey put his hands on my waist. He pulled me close to his body and I put my arms around his neck, just like what our choreographer taught us. Yes, Aubrey has a choreographer. I don't know why, but he just does. 

We danced for about 3 minutes, and everyone joined us. I looked over to the tables, and there Safaree was, sitting alone watching everyone with a small smile on his face. He made eye contact with me and we both looked away. "You're so beautiful...I'm glad you're my wife." Aubrey told me. "Thank you..I'm glad you're my husband." I smiled.

I don't like Aubrey. I'm certainly not in love with him, as one should be when they get married. I hate the fact that I was forced to marry him. I don't want to be married to him. But I don't have a say.

I was on my way to the bathroom when someone pulled me into a room. Before I could scream, they covered my mouth. "It's just me." Safaree said. He let me go and I fixed my dress. "Why aren't you happy? It's your wedding day."

"How can you tell?" I ask. "I just know."

"It's fine...I'm fine.."

I started walking to the door but he stopped me."No, stay." 
"Okay.." I sat down in one of the extra chairs. "I mean..only if you want to. Why do you do that?" He says. "Do what?"

"Listen to everyone. Do whatever you want."

"I wish I had the guts." I looked down in my lap. "Well, we should probably get back to the party. I'll go first." 

"Wait! Let me see your phone."

He dug in his pocket and pulled out an iPhone 6. "Why?"

I put my number in his contacts. "Call me sometime.." I smiled at him. "I will..Bye Onika." He winked at me and left.

I know this is bad. Really bad. I'm hitting on my husband's brother. But I like Safaree. He's the opposite of Aubrey and he kinda makes me feel...happy. I walked out of the room and Aubrey bumped into me. "What are you doing in there babe?" He asks. "Nothing. Just looking around."

"Come on it's time to cut the cake." He pulled me out to where everybody was partying and dancing. 

After we cut the 5 layer chocolate cake, the chef cut it into big squares and started serving it to everyone. 

I was sat down at the family table. Aubrey was to my right. next to his was his mother, then father, and Safaree was right across from me. To my left was my mother and Father. Safaree and I just stared at each other while our parents conversed. 

Aubrey lightly touched my wrist. "Are you alright?" He asks. I nodded and looked up at him, smiling with my mouth closed. 

"So, Onika, what did you major in in college?" Aubrey's mother asks. "Um, English, Ma'am."

"Wow." She smiled, and Aubrey put his arm around me. "Yes...she is very smart." 

Safaree looked up from his plate. I excused myself, to go get a piece of cake. When I got back to the table, my mother gave me a funny look. She cut a small corner out of my square piece of cake, and took the bigger piece for herself. "You don't need that much cake, Onika. You'll get fat." She says. "Yes Ma'am."

"So, Onika, are you and Aubrey looking forward to having children? I would just adore some little grandchildren. " Aubrey's mother asks. "Well, actually..."

"Yes, we can't wait." Aubrey answered for me and smiled. Safaree looked at Aubrey and shook his head slightly. "What were you gonna say Onika?" He says. "Oh..I was just going to say...I would love to have children. I can't wait." I gulped. I was lying. I JUST turned 20, and Aubrey is 23. I don't want kids right now! 

Safaree looked away. 

______________________________________________________________________

So this is my new story. It's different, don't you think? Comment if you like it please!!! and vote!! Thank you!!