Chapter 9

Our time on the island dwindled away like the sun that set in the west. We hadn't seen Will at all again, part of me was glad. However, there was this part of me that thought he was changing, that maybe he was becoming the Will I used to be best friends with, back before either of us knew who the other really was, back when we were just the nerds of Beverly Hills.

But then there was Chase. Gorgeous, wonderful, tragic Chase, who was so full of mystery and sorrow. The more time I spent with him, the more I fell hopelessly into his beautiful eyes. I could still see the reserve that he had around me because of my brother, but somehow, that was starting to come down. His bad boy facade was coming down too. Maybe he felt like he didn't need to pretend around me anymore, or maybe he was just sick of pretending in general.

I knew that if Will turned up again, Chase would sink back into the shell that he had created when we first found out that Will was here too. Of course, talk of him was alway flitting around the Hotel, like an annoying bird that just won't go away. It seemed everywhere we went, someone was talking about how they had met the incredible William Vogel.

I open my eyes, yawning and stretching, completely forgetting that Chase and I had fallen asleep talking last night. I accidentally prod him in the side with one of my fists as I stretch. He jumps and nearly falls off the bed. I can't control myself and I start giggling uncontrollably. He groans and rolls over, trapping me beneath his weight, "You're going to pay for that." he growls,followed by a mischievous grin. He leans down and kisses me. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck, bringing his face closer to mine. But he pulls away and starts to tickle me

When I can no longer breathe because I am laughing so hard he stops and releases me, falling to the side. His arm is still draped over me though. He turns to look at me, a gentler smile replaces his mischievous one, "Good morning." he says quietly. I smile back at him, "good morning to you." sun is filtering through the window, tinging the ends of Chase's hair in golden light and casting a shadow over his face. His tan makes he blue eyes stand out from the rest of the features, "Like what you see?" he asks, noticing that I am studying him. I flush and look away from him, not wanting him to see the embarrassment on my face.

I change the subject, "I can't believe that we are leaving today." I murmur. Chase frowns, as if he is just remembering that we can't stay here forever, "Can't you just buy a private island or something? I'm sure you have enough money." Chase teases. I laugh, then look away from him, "I wish. But there is this thing called the real world that we have to get back to." He nods, loosing some of the humor in his eyes, "Right. Back to the world where you a a movie star, and I am college bound."

I sit up on the bed and swing my legs over the edge. My feet brush the floor, sending a cold jolt through me, "Well, technically we are both college bound, I'm just doing online school." Chase chuckles and I feel the bed raise, signaling that Chase is no longer sitting, "Oh poor you, how will you survive on the set of your Hollywood movies! God forbid that you would actually have to do some real work ever!" I turn around to defend myself and find that Chase is no longer in the room he must have gone to pack up his things. I sigh and pull my bag out from under the bed, "we need to leave in a hour and a half." Chase calls from the other room, "Alright." I call back. I sigh and lug my suitcase onto the bed. This is always the worst part of vacationing, knowing that soon you will have to go back to the everyday drama of life.

It takes me the better part of an hour to fit all of my stuff back into my suitcase, even though I came with room to spare, I have to sit on top of my suitcase to get it to zip. When I am done, I walk I to the main part of the suit to look for Chase. However I hear the soft hum of the shower coming from his bathroom. As much as I would like to go surprise him, I would rather my first time NOT be in a some random shower. So I repress my urges and walk back to my room where I turn on my own shower, undress, and climes in. The water feels so good as it runs down my bare skin. I smile blissfully and wash my hair, clean my skin, and climb out.

I wrap myself in a towel before stepping into the main part of my bathroom. I freeze. Chase is standing there watching me with a curious expression. The only thing he has covering his body is a towel which is wrapped around his waist, "Chase!" I exclaim, my voice is breathless. He seems to wake up out of a trance. His eyes meet mine and immediately his face flushes, "Sam I'm sorry, I was looking for my razor, then I realized that you were in the shower, then--" his voice trails off, I guess he figures that he has no way of explaining why he was standing there watching me.

I flush, and look away from him, letting a small laugh escape my mouth before I close it again. I'm sure it is a nervous laugh, because I do not find this situation at all funny. Chase clears his throat then moves for the door, "Well I had better go get ready, we need to leave soon." I nod and smile briefly at him before he disappears around the corner.