Missy

MISSY: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 1

London 2019, it was only late June as the sun began to fall on the busy city. The streets packed with cars and buses as the traffic was busy and the crowds of people still even at the late of night are traveling through to return home or to get where they are going to. There was nothing more going on other than the local bar, club and pubs filling up during the week for their local social meetings of friends and families during the hot summer evenings to enjoy their times together of this busy city evenings.

The high buildings used as covers and wind breakers keeping the warm moisture from filtering away so quickly as even the steam from the sewer drains was a another source of heat for those who pass by.

Above the roof tops their was a shadow like figure running across like a free runner, jumping from one shadow area to another, leaping around like some kind of an action hero. This figure moved shifty in a perfect motion jumping from rooftop to rooftop, knowing any slight miscalculation of the jump could lead to an two hundred to three hundred drop to the surface below.

This figure would appear to be a hooded figure as it moved faster and quickly but soon had moved out of view and put of sight as it seem to reach its destination, but where did it go but into a open window of a skyline on this tall building and into the darkness.

In this building was a man sitting at his desk drinking a glass of wine staring at all his artifacts he has collected like prize possessions over the years. His desk was covered in papers and scrolls that had been rolled open and spread across his desk like a paper cloth covering it.

He looked tired out and worne out as he yawned and removed his glasses setting them down on the desk as he took another sip of the wine from his glass. He looked around his room as the light drew evening more dim as the sun lowered causing his room to go dark but he made no effort to switch on the lights nor the lamp that was on his desk to be turned on.

There was a creeking sound from the floor board near where he was as he lifted his weary head and put the wine glass down. It was like he knew what was coming and he was prepared to meet his fate yet he didn't even flinch or react to the noise.

From the darkness shadow the shiloette of this hooded figure appeared from behind him, walking very slowly towards the man in the chair. The man took a deep breath as he looked over towards this axe that was hung up on the wall, he knew what this hooded person wanted but he didn't even move to look at at this hooded figure,

"I know why your here, bloody puppet, he thinks there is power in the weapon of the God but as I said before it's nothing but wood and metal, there is no power", the man spoke out,

"The Axe of Levitation, you think I really don't know what you have and I do not care", the female posh like female quiet voice speaks out,

"So your intelligent not just a cold blooded killer", the man takes a sigh as he stares at the Axe,

"You have no idea, but I am taking it, no mater what you think of me", the female speaks out,

"So how much, how much, did he pay you, a million or two, believe me, its worth so much more on the black market, you really think he pay you, no he will kill you and keep the damn axe for himself the greedy halfwit", the man scoffs as he picks up the glass,

There was this shadow that seemed now to cast over the man that was sitting on the chair as the shaky hand on the man was feeling around for a button under his desk.

It was a panic button that would alert the security guards of immediate danger to himself. The shadow loomed more over as the man yelled out in pain feeling this small thin blade piercing his skin on his hand,