Chapter 11

Xiao Zhan's POV 

Snippets of my memories ran around like circles inside my mind.

I can remember flames, whispers, stinging pain and then silence.

"Zhan?" I turned my head to him, Lang Dongzhe, and for a moment, it was as if his eyes looked through me.

"You don't remember anything of your past?" Without a second thought, I shook my head, sitting down on the bed as his eyes followed every one of my movements.

"Zhan, look at me; I want you to look me into the eyes and tell me if you are sure we have never met before, okay?" I frowned but kept quiet, my eyes catching his.

The world was chaos; my body felt like it was on fire. The pain was like thousands of needles pricking my skin.

My heart was beating heavily, and my breath was stuck mid-way in my chest as I felt suffocated.

A clear voice of a young man suddenly filled my mind, someone was talking to me, but the words were slurs of letters.

I blinked a few times, coughing lightly, as I averted my eyes from Dongzhe's, my heart beating so quick that I was scared he would be able to hear it.

Just what was that?

Biting my lower lip, I noticed Donzhe starting to pace around the room, walking from one side to another, "what's wrong?" He looked back at me, shaking his head.

"Zhan, you have zero recollections of who you are, right. Not one identification?" I once again shook my head; all I remembered was Yibo; what was before I met him was nothing but darkness.

At some point, Dongzhe stopped pacing, standing in front of me, and I looked up at him, his expression unreadable, and he whispered, "Zhan, do you really not remember or are you too afraid to remember?"

I was about to open my mouth to answer, though I later would realize I had no idea what I was going to answer.

He left the room.

I don't know how long I sat there; perhaps it was a minute, but so could it have been a whole hour; I lost count of time because the next thing I remembered was Wang Yibo standing in front of me, talking to me.

His mouth was moving, but his words didn't comprehend me.

Yibo placed his hand on mine and smiled sweetly; this time, he talked slower, and I understood what he tried; I took a deep breath and released it, slowly calming down.

"How do you feel now?"

"Better." I nodded along to confirm my words as I saw the worry shimmer in Yibo's eyes as he caressed my hand.

"Zhan, Dongzhe said he wanted to take us out to visit the hospital; so he can do a check up on you." I don't know what happened, but my heart tightened at the word hospital, and I think Yibo saw it as he held my hand tighter.

"I will be with you, Zhan. You trust me, right?"

"Of course I do!" Yibo let out a tiny smile as he sat down next to me, placing his head on my shoulder, softly humming a song under his breath.

It had a soft melody, and I closed my eyes, Yibo still caressing my hand tenderly.

I don't know what it was at that moment, but I wanted to drown in it, lock it up inside my heart forever.

"We will find out what you want to know, okay? It will take us time, but we have all the time in the world now we found each other." Yibo intertwined our hands as he said so.

At some point, I think I fell asleep as the next moment I opened my eyes, I was sleeping on a soft bed, and my eyes widened in fear for a second, scared that this all was just a dream.

My eyes had roamed around the room and met no Yibo.

My breath quickened as I stood up, my legs feeling wobbly, and I was about to fall down when the door suddenly burst open, and Yibo appeared.

"Zhan!" He quickly supported me back to the bed, laying me down as he touched my forehead with his delicate but cold hand, and I let out a satisfied sigh.

"Zhan, do you hear me?" I hummed, my eyelids feeling rather heavy.

"Zhan, sit up; I will feed you some chicken soup; you have a fever, didn't you noticed it yourself, dummy?" With some help from Yibo, I sat up in the bed as I mumbled, "but ghosts can't get sick."

I heard Yibo laugh somewhere far away, asking me what I was mumbling as I saw a spoon coming closer to my mouth, so I opened and drunk the half warm soup.

Yibo blew the soup every time before feeding me, and the more seconds there passed, the sleepier I felt.

I rubbed my eyes as I yawned, my eyes almost falling close, "awh, you're so cute being sick, Zhan. Good boy." I felt Wang Yibo pat my hand, and I hummed in content, my heart making a backflip.

I laid down again, and I noticed Wang Yibo was about to leave, so I tightly grasped on his wrist, and Yibo turned to me, a soft look of a question readable from his face.

"You won't disappear again when I wake up, right?" I heard him chuckle somewhere along with the cloudiness inside my mind, and I felt him once again pat my head as he whispered, "I love you so much, Zhan."

I tried to say the same back before I dozed off.

I remember flashes of my having a fever; it was always Wang Yibo coming to feed me. And sometimes, I would see Dongzhe taking my temperature, talking to Yibo and writing prescriptions, their words mostly being incoherent slurs.

There was this vague suppressed memory inside the back of my mind where I saw Yibo at the side of the bed, looming over me with an unreadable look before whispering, "no one ever solved the mystery surrounding your death . . ." And now I think about it, maybe it was the fever reaching its highest point, and I had just imagined these words; though the more I thought about it during the period I was ill, the more I felt like it was Wangji who stood there that night.

Word count: 1248 words

***

I have 0.0 idea of what I wrote, gosh, it sucks, doesn't it? Anyway, I am really sorry for the later update and that it is this boring, does anyone have a recommendation for the next POV? I will try to put my focus on finishing this book together with Start Today, tho I am planning to finish the last cja[ter and epilogue of my other book The whispers of our past too, so if anyone wants to read that one, go and check it out as it'll soon be finished tho there is no Zhanyi version yet, do you guys want one? 

Besides that, my book My dear nightmare is finished, both Yizhan and Zhanyi version, it's a mystery/thriller with a happy ending for every character ofcc!!! 

Once again, thank you for reading my book and giving it a chance, let me know your thoughts please because it encourages me to write, but it's fine if you don't too . . .

Have a nice day and stay safe and hydrated!!!!!