Chapter 3

"PHIL! IT BURNS! HELP! MAKE IT STOP!" Ranboo yelled, that was followed by some gibberish that none of the others understood.

"Phil. What's going on?" Techno asked, he was scared. For the first time in years. He was scared. His eyes were puffy, and his nose was stuffed up. This was a state no one had ever seen him in before.

"Ranboo. I need you to stop crying. Whatever it takes, stop crying." Philza instructed. Ranboo tried his best to follow instructions. After a little while, he was only a little teary-eyed.

"Dad. What is going on?" Wilbur asked, using the same words as his brother. Phil looked at Techno, then at Will.

"Techno, set him down. Leave. Both of you." He told the older two. Wilbur spoke in protest.

"Dad, we care about our brother. We want to know what's going on. Now!" Wilbur demanded. Phil crossed his arms.

"Alright. Everyone sit down."

~Ranboo flashback~

Ranboo woke up for the day. He was happy as always. He ran downstairs and into his mother's legs. He hugged her tightly.

He muttered his gibberish and she smiled. His mother picked him up, hugged him, and spun around.

"Good morning, my beloved boy!" She hugged him even tighter. He giggled.

Four years old.

She kissed him on the cheek. She then put a necklace on him. It was a small locket, shaped as a heart.

"Thank you, Mommy." Ranboo said quietly, he was never a loud speaker.

"Of course, darling. Are you ready to go to daycare?" She asked him. Ranboo nodded. Although he was still in his pajamas, he didn't care.

The boy watched his father enter the room. He had said something to his mother, in a language he didn't understand, and then they left.

"You're going to a new daycare today, Ranboo. You'll make so many new friends!" She told him. The boy got excited. He loved meeting new people.

As they pulled up to this new place, Ranboo gazed at it in awe. It was a very large place. Like the Disneyland of daycares.

His mother got him out of his car seat and took him inside, his father carrying a suitcase.

Ranboo didn't question it.

When they went inside, his mother talked to the lady at the front desk for a while. Then hugged Ranboo goodbye, she was crying.

He had never seen anyone in his family cry.

"It's okay, Mommy! You'll see me again later when we go home! Kay?" Ranboo told her. She nodded, squeezed him a bit, then his parents left. Leaving the suitcase.

Ranboo spent the day making new friends with everyone. He liked his new friends. He couldn't wait to tell his mother about them.

But then it grew darker. And darker. And soon it was dinner time.

He ate with the people at the daycare, then asked the lady when his parents would get him. She gave a sad smile and told him soon.

Ranboo, content with his answer, fell asleep with the daycare kids. None of their parents had come to get them either.

He woke up the next day, expecting his parents. A no show.

"Maybe that's why they left the suitcase. I must be staying for a few days. That's fine." Ranboo thought to himself.

He had to reassure himself.

They'd be back.

Days went by, his parents never showed up.