Chapter 4

Tubbo started to cry, his cry quickly turned into a sob.

"That's why you were able to pay me back... because you were gonna get rid of me!" Tubbo started to hyperventilate.

He felt as if the walls were closing in on him. His own dad. Disowning him.

"Tubbo! This is for the better! You know how bad I was! You'd be better off here!" Schlatt placed a hand on his shoulder. Tubbo didn't respond, in fact, he couldn't respond.

He felt his throat closing up. He began searching his pockets frantically, although he knew that it wouldn't matter. He couldn't breathe.

"Oh my god! Schlatt! He's having an asthma attack! I'll go get Wilbur's spare inhaler!" Phil got up and ran into the kitchen.

Tubbo's vision started to dim. Everything around him seemed to spin. He felt his mouth being pried open and something being forced in.

He heard the sweet sound of the inhaler being puffed. He heard it twice. His airway started to clear up, but it was too slow.

He passed out. Schlatt wrapped his arm around him and pulled the boy close. A fearful look on his eyes, stung slightly with tears. Then he felt the boy breathe.

A wave of relief washed over the father. He couldn't imagine losing his only son.

"I couldn't find Will's inhaler-!" Phil said as he walked back into the room, he had trailed off a bit. Watching the scene before him.

Schlatt hugging his son with one arm, with an inhaler grasped into the other hand.

"He can stay in the guest room tonight, if you'd like." Kristin offered. Schlatt nodded.

"That'd be good for him." Schlatt stood up and picked Tubbo up. Peacefully sleeping. He was breathing slowly and inconsistently.

Schlatt stood there, holding his son. Tons of memories flooded through him.

Every day when he'd get off of work. He'd be so tired. But then he'd walk through that door and see his son running at him. Giggling and smiling like he hadn't seen Schlatt in years.

Schlatt was a good dad. Up until Tubbo's mother had left. He took up drinking. He slept with so many different women, that sometimes Tubbo would think that his dad was drugging them.

"Brings you back, doesn't it?" Phil asked. Schlatt looked up and nodded.

"He- he looks just like his mother. Her eyes. Her face. Everything but that beautiful blonde hair." Schlatt said quietly. Kristen nodded.

"Yeah. Corinne was amazing. I'll show you to the guest room." Kristen stood up and started walking. They went upstairs and passed four rooms. All of the doors decorated differently.

She opened the door to the guest room.

"You can just set him down on that bed. He'll sleep like an angel." She told him. Schlatt nodded and set the boy down, then tucked him in. He turned around and walked back to Kristen.

They left the room and closed the door, standing there, looking at eachother. Schlatt narrowed his eyes.

"How well can Phil hear me right now?" He asked. She giggled a bit.

"Not well. Why?" She was intrigued. He narrowed his eyes more.

"You're pregnant."

"What?!? That is extremely rude to say to a lady!" She crossed her arms.

"No no. You are. You even know it subconsciously. You always drink red wine. Tonight you have grape juice in that wine glass. I'm not stupid. That's what you did before you found out you were pregnant with Wilbur." Schlatt pointed out. She went silent.