Chapter 25 - Familiar Faces

Your POV:

"We're doing exactly what we said we would, Y/N. Ridding you of your powers, once and for all."

Your blood turns cold and you could swear that your heart stops at his words.

"W-what?" You manage to stammer out in pure disbelief.

"They should have known that you weren't strong enough to handle the burden of your powers, regardless of who your parents might have been. So, Y/N, me and my colleagues will be stripping you of your powers and transferring them to someone who is much more deserving of them."

Your mind races with a million different questions at once, and you can't manage to pinpoint a single one to ask before the tall man steps back outside of the room, and two more figures rush hurriedly inside.

Loki had told you that he and the team were close to locating you, but you didn't know how close "close" was. Or if his voice was even real, or just a faint illusion that your mind created to keep yourself from going insane.

Either way, you know that you can't depend on the team to rescue you before HYDRA takes you away to god-knows-where to do god-knows-what.

You're going to have to fend for yourself.

Your arms are still chained above you, and you know that you'll be rendered useless if you can't find a way to quickly fend off the two approaching agents.

As the smaller of the two guards the door, a woman in clothes that seem to resemble a surgeon's scrubs approaches you cautiously. You feign exhaustion, making yourself look the least threatening as possible as she slowly slides the key into the lock on the chains above you.

As soon as you hear the lock click, you kick her sharply in the knee, causing her to let out a loud gasp of pain as she crumples to the floor, cradling her injured knee.

Wasting no time at all, you remove your hands from the chains as fast as possible as the second agent approaches you. This one is much taller than the first, and he seems to be in peak physical condition. You know that in your state, you won't be able to beat him without being seriously injured or at least slowing yourself down in the process.

Your temples burn and your head starts to pound in exertion as you quickly conjure a throwing knife that you embed deep in his chest before he can come close to you.

Clutching your head from the pain of using your powers, you stumble towards the door. As you clutch the door handle, you're met with the first real glimpse of light that you've seen in five days.

The lights illuminate a long hallway with polished white floors and creme-colored walls. Many other doorways similar to the one that you're standing in line the rest of the hallway, and you quickly realize that you must be in a makeshift hospital of some sorts.

You quickly close the door behind you and lock it as you stumble down the corridor, frantically searching for an exit. Your headache still hasn't ceased, and your hands and arms are rendered almost entirely useless after being suspended above you for such a long time.

As you catch sight of a sleek silver elevator at the end of the long hallway, a sharp hand grasps your shoulder tightly.

"And where do you think you're going?" The same man from before asks coolly, and yanks you around abruptly to face him.

Seeing the man in the darkness of your holding room obviously didn't allow you to properly examine his face as you're met with his cold gray eyes. Well, eye.

A deep, jagged slash runs down the right side of the man's face, starting from right above his eyebrow and ending just above his jawline. His eye is white and foggy, and you quickly realize that he must be blind in his right eye.