Chapter 3

The constant beeping bedside my bed was really starting to annoy me, I had reached out a number of times to smash the damn alarm but it was never there, by now I was so mad that I sat up straight in my bed to try and find it, but I couldn't, I felt so nauseous that even trying to slowly sit upright made me want to vomit. There were cords in my hands and arms and bandages covering other parts of me, my entire left leg was in a cast, looking around me, I could only see white, I momentarily forgot about the obnoxious alarm, but my attention quickly returned to it, it was a machine monitoring what I am guessing is my heart rate, the screen had random numbers that I didn't understand and surrounding the machine was a bag of some sort of liquid that was pumping into me.

'Hi honey, I'm Rebekah a nurse, I don't mean to crowd you but on a scale of one to ten, how bad is your pain?' I was still trying to take this all in, but I had no idea why I was here, 'I'm sorry, why am I here?'

'You were in a car accident do you not remember?' I actually had no idea what she was talking about, 'no.'

'What is the last thing you remember before you got here?' I remember my best friends, Tori and Brooke and I were at the mall, we were shopping for clothes to wear to our first day of high school. By the way, I feel really sick but I have no pain!' Rebekah smiled at me, 'I just need to go talk to a doctor but I will be back in a few minutes.' We must've gotten into an accident on the way home from the mall, I can't remember it though, that is weird!

The door to my room opened and a middle aged doctor walked in, 'hi Sasha, I'm doctor Mark, I have been doing checks on you for the last couple of days and,' I interrupted him, 'days?! How long have I been here for?'

'You have been asleep for 3 and a half days. Can you tell me what was the last date you remember?' Ugh I'm terrible with dates, 'I think it was like August 22, 2012, is there a problem doc?' His face looked really worried and he sat down beside me, 'while you were asleep I did some tests and your brain looked fine, that is often the case with these types of things,'

'What type of things?'

'Sasha it looks to me as though you have got brain damage that has resulted in a not too severe, but still severe, case of memory loss,'

'Oh?' It was more a question than a statement, I didn't really understand, 'today's date is the 31 of May,' he paused, '2015.' After about twenty seconds of stunned silence, I asked, 'what happened?' Sighing, he told me the very short story of how I landed here, 'you, Brooke and Tori, were all in the car, you were driving and you were very intoxicated,'

'Crap.'

'I don't know what the distraction was, maybe there was no distraction that because you were drunk, you may never have been focused on the road in the first place. You were speeding and went across the line into a truck, which barely has a dent in it by the way, but your car flipped many times and landed 20 metres down the street, all three of you were in a coma when we got to you and you are the first to wake up. Tori is fine, as far as we know, but Brooke got the worst of the three of you, she has been paralysed from the waist down, which may or may not be repairable.'

'Th-thank you for le-letting me um, know.' There was water pooling in my eyes, 'I'm going to go get you something to eat, you have got to be hungry.' I was so hungry but I really didn't feel like eating, why the hell did I get into a car drunk? How could I have been so stupid? This was all my fault!

When Doctor Mark came back with a sandwich, I asked him, 'when can I see my parents? Are they here?' Just as I asked that Noah walked in, god he is a dick what the hell is he doing here anyway? As the doctor walked out he whispered something in Noah's ear, who then gave me a sad look 'Um, hi?' Ok so that was a bit rude but he is a dick!