Ch91 rr

The news of their engagement was kept secret with the exception of shinobu, Mitsuri, tanjiro, ubuyashiki, and tengen whom had somehow managed to guess it despite them barely meeting nowadays after his retirement.

After their full recovery kyojuro had been sent on a patrol mission again within the Rengoku designated area, though he was only sent to scout out the area ayame couldn't help but feel worried. since he had only just recently gotten stabbed while trying to save the kidnapped children, and wasn't in the best shape for a mission.

"Ayame san don't worry to much I'm sure Rengoku san will be just fine"

Tanjiro said with a smile comforting ayame whom had been just sighing as she helped wrap a minor wound on his arm from a previous mission.

"Thank you tanjiro, I'm sure you're right"

She said with a smile tightening the ends of the bandage in a knot, tanjiro lowered his arm back to his side whilst pulling down the sleeve of his hospital gown.

"I heard you and Rengoku san got engaged, congratulations!!"

"Yes, and speaking of our relationship tanjiro, you knew about this all along didn't you Hmm?"

Ayame said with a menacing smile as tanjiro shrunk with a gulp having been caught red handed.

"T-an-ji-ro ~?"

"Y-yes... sorry"

He replied with his head lowered and his hands on his lap, ayame chuckled with a hand covering her mouth as she opened her eyes.

"Don't be so tense I'm just teasing you, on the contrary I'm relieved to know kyojuro has someone trustworthy to talk to. now that I have found out, why don't you tell me the details"

Looking at ayame's expression he couldn't refuse and reluctantly agreed, "sorry Rengoku san..." he thought. He told her everything he knew starting from the day he had noticed his dormant feelings, all the way to the day kyojuro told him his plans. There was so much he needed to tell her and by the time they had finished evening came.

"It's either I was oblivious or kyojuro is just good at hiding things, it's been a few months and I didn't have the slightest idea"

Sighing she stood up taking the medical tray from the table beside them.

"Well then it's late I won't bother you anymore, rest well"

"Hai thank you ayame san!"

He waved her off at the comfort of his bed as ayame left towards the supply room to put away the materials she took to help treat his wounds, along the way there she received a message from ubuyashiki.

"Ayame"

"Yes, Oyakata sama do have orders for me?"

"Indeed but it isn't anything big like last time, I would like for you to accompany kyojuro on his patrol cough cough"

A wet cough emerged from his voice barely allowing him to finish his sentence, And based on the severity of his illness ayame had guessed that it wasn't a normal course but one with the company of blood.

"Oyakata sama are you alright? Would you like for me to bring some medicine?"

"I am alright ayame, this is the result of the curse on our family so please don't worry to much about it, i would like for you to help kyojuro gather some information and eliminate any demons that come across your way, I have already informed kyojuro about it"

She felt pained by his words, a kind and caring man that didn't deserve any of this suffering had been forced to live with such restrictions all because of a simple man. "Just how much suffering does he need to cause before he's satisfied?" She thought.

"...orders received"

She replied, she heard a small sigh on the other side and just when she was about to get ready to leave she received one last message.

"And congratulations on your engagement, I hope you will be able to find happiness along with kyojuro"

Her eyes widened and her lips tugged up into a sweet smile.

"Thank you oyakata sama"

******. 

She arrived at the promised location, and all that's left was for her to find a certain person and join him on his patrol. Walking along the paved road she kept her senses sharp looking out for any signs of demons as well as kyojuro, she eventually made her way to the end of the road leading up to a grand forest and within the grass her eyes caught sight of fiery golden locks dancing in the breeze.

She quietly approached to see kyojuro balled up in a slumber breathing softly with his breath tickling the shoots of grass in front, she knelt down in front of him with a smile and a hand on her cheek she gently brushed his hair away from his face.

With a small groan his brows creased as his eyes slowly opened, ayame chuckled warranting his eyes to turn towards her direction.

"Did I wake you?"

His fatigue washed away from him instantly upon seeing her, he held the hand upon her cheek with a glimmering ring upon his finger raising himself up with his usual smile.

"Nope! I was taking a nap while waiting for you to pass time! Oh right here"

He said turning around behind him he grabbed a beautiful iris presenting it to ayame.

"I picked this on my way here, it's the same flower that your name means right?"

Her eyes rounded with a glisten, with a soft giggle she took the iris from his hands bringing it up to her face to take in the scent

"I'm surprised you knew, yes it's the same flower as my name"

She looked up at his glowing expression, feeling proud of himself he held out a hand to her.

"It is only natural that I know! After all you're my lovely fiancé now"

"Right, indeed I am"

Ayame gave him her hand and they proceeded onwards towards the dark forest, they looked around every corner and interviewed any passerby's if they had seen anything strange happening.

"Hmm no, nothing out of the ordinary has been seen, at least I haven't"

Said a man who was walking around the woods to head towards his home on the other side.

"I see thank you sir"

Ayame waved him off rejoining kyojuro who was waiting with his arms crossed, when she approached she could feel a subtle glare towards the man whom she was just talking to. Tapping her fan on her smirking mouth she leaned towards him.

"Ara is my dear kyo kun jealous? How cute"

She teased, kyojuro became flustered looking up to the side with awkward smile and blush in attempt to avoid ayame's teasing.

"Don't worry I only have eyes for you"

She said wrapping her arms around his neck as kyojuro leaned down holding her waist.