Chapter Three: Who Is This Guy?

"Oh my Madison, what have you done to yourself?" Mrs. Ramirez huffs.

I laugh, causing sharp pains in my side, as she fusses with the band-aids.

I'm back up at the Clubhouse in mine and Lily's shared room. The Clubhouse is the very large house that Antonio lets Competition riders stay in if they don't live in Sydney.

I am from Cooma so it is a blessing to be able to live here.

My arm stings as Mrs. Ramirez dabs Dettol onto my many scrapes. Lily hands her another band-aid to put onto my body.

The sun is starting to set through the window. Orange starts to light the sky as the sun dips behind the hills. 

"Ow!" I cry.

Mrs. Ramirez just continues to dab. "I am meant to be the housekeeper girls, not your doctor."

Katy laughs, pulling her tightly curled hair into a bun. "The world would fall apart if you weren't here, Mrs. Ramirez."

The older lady smiles. "If only my son who is back home in Spain thought the same."

Katy joins me and sits down on Lily's bed.

 "I'll stay on next time don't worry!" I say. 

"You better," Lily states, handing Mrs. Ramirez another band-aid.

She peels off the paper wrapping carefully, then gently folds it onto my shoulder.

"Bueno. That's the last of them," she cheers.

The stinging down my body starts to ease and I look down at my patchwork arm. "Thanks."

Mrs. Ramirez shuffles to the door. "Dinner will be ready soon girls."

When the door shuts behind her, Lily collapses in her desk chair.

"What was that bomb Antonio dropped on us today?" she groans.

"What was today?" I reply.

Katy nods her head. "Sarah is in hospital so I have no roommate, she isn't coming on the trip anymore and we are getting exchange students!"

I think about what Katy just said. Ever since Tom and Ella left, there haven't really been many people asking to fill their spots in the Clubhouse. The thieves really did ruin SEC's pristine reputation.

"Does anyone know who they even are?" I ask.

Lily touches the bracelet Will got her for Christmas. "Just this Mia girl is really good and performs well in Germany. No clue about the Frenchy and have only somewhat heard about the Elias kid."

"Well, whoever he is, he got Alex really mad," I reply.

"Madder than usual," corrects Katy.

"Maybe you should go ask him about it," Lily smiles.

Her eyes glimmer the way they always do when she is planning something. 

"Oh no! I'm not making him angrier."

"Come on Maddie! He loves you, he would tell you," Lily groans.

I blush.

"Yeah, go get the intel for us," Katy says, shouldering me.

I raise my eyebrows and stand up slowly. "Nope! That is his business."

I am pretending to not want to know but on the inside, it is killing me I don't. No one seems to know who this guy is except Antonio and Alex.

Oh, and Georgia.

"Go ask him yourselves," I continue.

Lily rolls her eyes and Katy shakes her head. "No way! He will kill us."