CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - THEY ARE FAMILY

MESSIAH'S POV

Bumaba ako ng motorbike ko nang sandaling makarating ako dito sa bahay. Hinubad ko ang helmet ko at pagkatapos ay humakbang papasok ng gate.

Then I walked through the pathway.

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire...The war outside our door keeps raging on..."

Habang naglalakad ako sa pathway ng garden ay nakarinig ako ng tinig ng isang anghel. Na sa isang idlap ay nawala ang pagod ko sa buong maghapon.

Lily is singing...

"Hold onto this lullaby even when the musics gone, gone..."

Her voice is so soothing like a icy crystal. Hindi ko mapigilang pumikit habang naglalakad upang namnamin ang magandang tinig ng babaeng yon. The soothing words bounce off of her tongue and the lyrics swim through my cerebral cortex like a wakeful dream, the notes relaxing me, enabling the song to call to my entire being.

Her voice could never be something superfluous to me, it is medicine delivered in the most divine way.

It feels as if the voice is teaching my brain how to flow, how to be so peaceful. It's as if the slowly changing tone touches different parts, a sort of auditory massage for my mind.

An invitation for slowness and to feel the presence of myself, the ever patient version of me who waits to be spoken to, and is content to do so. That times light, wind and nature do the same, yet differently, each in their own way.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down..."

The delightful smells waft through the cold air. I could hear the sound of birds and the tinkling of wind chimes. My garden is truly a delightful mix of fragrance that is brought alive by the sounds of nature and enhanced by the voice of an angel.

The fragrance from the garden gently drifts through the pathway, creating an array of heady, floral scents everywhere that changes as often as the wind does.

"You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now..."

From its sweet fragrance, you can tell that it's the scent of rose flowers. White roses, shows innocence like Lily. The voice amidst the fragrance made me hold my breath.

"Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound..."

This is my paradise. A place I always wanted to go home and rest after a day of head breaking and head draining work.

LILY'S POV

"Lily..."

Natigilan ako sa pagkanta ko nang maramdaman ko ang malalakas at maiinit na braso na yumakap sa akin mula sa likuran ko.

Nandito ako sa garden, nakatayo at buhat-buhat si Felicity para pahanginan sya.

Lumingon ako sa likuran ko, tsaka nakita na isang matangkad na lalake ang nakayakap sa akin. May mga itim na buhok at asul na mata.

Messiah is home.

"Messiah!"

Masyado akong natuwa dahil umuwi na agad sya kaya naman umikot ako paharap rito. Sinubsob ko ang mukha ko sa chest nya pero may distansya pa din akong ginawa para hindi maipit si Felicity.