reasons i love you

Ian had just woke up.

Mickey beside him sleeping peacefully, hand on the excess space on his pillow. Slow breaths coming from his nose. Mickey looked so peaceful sleeping.

Ian stared at him, admiring all the details on his face. Mickey had freckles, betcha lots of people didn't know that. His freckles were not very noticeable but they were there. Mickey's hair was sprawled all over his forehead. Mickey usually has his hair slicked back, the only time Ian ever really got to see Mickey's natural hair was when he caught him on mornings like these. Mickey had the nicest lips, they were the perfect shade of pink, almost like he put makeup on them. Everything about this man made him fall more in love.

Ian had a journal. It's a secret. This journal was dedicated to Mickey, everything written in there was about him. Ian thought it would make a nice gift one day. Ian knowing himself, he wouldn't have the guts to present this to Mickey. "Too gay" mickey'd probably say.

Ian got up and bent down grabbing the journal from in between the beds box spring and mattress and started writing in it.

Reasons I love you.

eyes- they're blue, almost like a glacier. They change shades when your happy and when your mad. They're hard not to stare into, I swear I can get lost in them.

hair- always slicked back. But I like it. But let's just say... it's lovable when it's natural, always falling into your face. It's soft, I can run my hands through it.

lips- perfect, plump, colourful. They're soft and gentle. Your lips fit like a puzzle piece with mine. I'm not really sure what else I'm supposed to say about lips but they're... like flawless.

smile- It's hard to make you smile, but when it happens...holy fuck man. I know you think your smile is ugly. It's not. I swear you can light up a while city with it. It makes my insides warm, you look so happy. I wish it wasn't so rare, I wish you didn't have to put up an act. If it weren't for your itching your nose technique I could've seen you smile plenty.

"Whatcha writing firecrotch?" Mickey says yawning. Ian sighs "nothing"and goes back to writing.

nicknames- the nicknames, just like your smile, they make my insides warm. Firecrotch, was one of the first ones, it makes me so happy that even after all these years you still call me it. Mumbles is my fav, you said it so gentle that one time.

hugs- you give the best hugs. no need for explanation.

"you're smiling man, what are you writing?" Ian looks up and gives a soft smile "it's nothing Mickey".

voice- I swear I could fall asleep to your voice. It's so soothing, when you whisper it sends chills down my back (in a good way). It can turn soft when I need it an-

The journal is snatched from Ian's hands and Ian has never ever gotten up so fast. "MICKEY GIVE IT BACK" Ian yells as he runs down the stairs after mickey. Mickey the takes the other stairs back up and runs down the hallway.

"GO MICKEY" Carl shouts. Debbie stands beside Carl and glares at him "GO IAN CMONN" Debbie shouts.

Ian is running so fast. He takes a long stride before pouncing at Mickey, stumbling him and Mickey down the stairs. Ian pins Mickey's arms above his head at the bottom of the staircase and looks up acknowledging who's in the kitchen. Lip stands there confused and takes a sip of his coffee.

The journal is dropped right out Mickey's reach now. Ian is huffing and puffing and Mickey is just unbothered  "well that fuckin hurt" Mickey says with a bit of annoyance in his voice. Ian grabs the journal and gets up off of Mickey.

Mickey of course isn't satisfied with what happened. He gets up and tackles ian, they are now even. "what you got in your diary bitch?" Ian fights and kicks "come on man, we've been together for so long and your hiding a diary?" Mickey chuckles.

"why do you care so much?" Ian grunts "you think I'm writing about a secret love or something". Mickey lifts one of his eyebrows "secret love? i don't know maybe". Ian continues grunting trying to get out of mickeys grip. Mickey takes the diary and chuckles "shall we take a look?" He smirks.

Ian kicks and wiggles "Mickey please, it's none of your business" ian begs. Mickey just opens the book to the recent page.

"reasons i love you, interesting title." Mickey points out before reading some more. Mickeys facial expressions change as he reads more and more.

He looks up from the page at ian with a surprised look "it's about me?". Ian laughs "no shit, what gave it away". Mickey looks back at the page "the nicknames part". Ian giggles "your dumb for not noticing with the other things".

Mickey gets off of Ian and heads to the couch and sits. he rereads the things now making the connection that it's about him. Ian sits cross legged towards him on the couch.

"glacier blue eyes, natural hair, smile, hmmmm cool cool" Mickey goes to try and itch his nose and Ian catches his wrist before he can. "smile" Mickey looks up at ian with a huge smile on his face. Ian smiles equally as large "see that's what I'm talking about". Mickey looks back down at the journal and looks back up "so uhm, what were you going to put in the voice part?" Mickey asks with shyness hinting in his voice.

Ian turns around and sits between Mickey's legs "I forgot but I have way more" Ian continues writing.

hands- they look rough but they are actually really soft. you're so gentle. Also soothing, your voice and hands combined can probably transform me to cloud 9.

"is that right now, Gallagher?" Mickey traces shapes on Ian's arm and simply just talks.

It was true, Ian did feel like he was in cloud 9.

Of course there as multiple other reasons why the redhead loved him.

but the few on paper was more than enough.

———————

YAYAYAYAYA

gimme some ideas pleaseeee