i listen

Ian Gallagher.

Man he's a big talker when you get to know him. He's always talking about his latest favourite tv show, favourite food and always arguing with people who don't have the same opinion as him on stupid topics.

It was honestly funny to see him talk so much. He is usually a quiet kid when you first meet him, barely talks in fact.

We all walk to the same tree to sit beside for lunch. We all gather in a circle exchanging food and laughing. Ian sits down and opens his lunch already munching away trying to figure how he could incorporate his favourite things into the conversation. He has a big smile on his face as he watches everyone.

"you don't like peanut butter Jason?!" One of the boys named Oliver says. Ian's eyes go straight to Jason. "YOU DONT LIKE PEANUT BUTTER!!! HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE PEANUT BUTTER!!!" Ian makes an exaggerated surprised face. People laugh when Ian blurts out suddenly, some sigh.

Jason just goes back to talking to Oliver completely ignoring ian. Ian just smiles and takes another bite out of his sandwich. "My sister Fiona showed me this new show! I think you'd all like it". Jason groans and looks at ian "let me guess! some weird ass gay show?". Ian smiles and nods "well I mean there is gay people in it but like it's not a gay gay show" Jason rolls his eyes.

Some of Jason's buddies sit down beside him and join right into the conversation. "Before Ian speaks again" he holds up his hand towards Ian "is the topic on some weird shitty gay show" he laughs. The whole circle laughs. Well except for Mickey.

"Anyways the show is super good they-"

"Please shut the fuck up ian" Jason says with annoyance in his voice. Everyone goes silent and they all look at ian. "I was just trying to-" ian gulps Jason let's put a yell of frustration "no one gives a fuck about you man, we just pitied you and you stuck here.

Ian goes silent and looks down at his hands. i thought they liked me here. Ian goes to take out his apple before dropping it back in because of his lost appetite. Everyone continues to laugh and smile after that. But Mickey who stares right at ian the whole time.

God it was so painful watching ian without the big grin on his face. Mickey to looked at his hands debating his next move.

"I care"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at Mickey.

"You care about what" Jason said confusingly.

"Ian"

"What?"

"you said no one gave a fuck but you were wrong, i give a fuck" Mickey says proudly. Jason laughs in response "yeah sureeee mickey".

"what don't believe me?" Mickey stares dead into Jason's eyes. Jason's smirk fades away quickly as he realizes Mickey is serious.

"I don't want to believe you" Jason crosses his arms.

"mmm ok"

Mickey snickers while putting his backpack on his back. The bell rings and Mickey walks to the entrance. Ian scrambles to get his stuff into his backpack so he can catch up and maybe talk to Mickey. But Mickey's gone by the time ian makes it to the entrance.

—————————————————————————

it's the end of the day and Ian packs up super quick. The bell rings and he runs out of the classroom and put his things frantically into his locker.

He's hoping to catch Mickey, maybe talk to him about what he did today. He walks out of exit and starts speed walking home checking everyone he walks past.

Black hair comes into view. Ian run beside and starts to talk

"hey Mickey!" Ian says with a smile on his face, he goes to make eye contact for with Mickey but...

shit that's not mickey.

The boy gives Ian a questionable look and practically runs away. Ian stands there shocked.

"yo red, whatcha doing standing there" mickey says from behind him. His eyes look so pretty in the sunlight, they're glowing blue. Ian smiles "I was looking for you!". Mickey joins Ian by his side.

"sooo what did you want?" Mickeys says awkwardly holding his backpack straps. Ian looks at Mickey with a big smile and a slight bounce in his step "oh I just wanted to thank you for earlier".

"oh that... no problem"

"never really realized that people weren't interested in what I had to say..."

Ian's smile disappears and he looks towards the sky. "from what I was seeing I thought I was funny".

"you are funny"

Ian's cheeks tint pink. He smiles and looks back at Mickey.

"wanna maybe...hangout at my house"

Mickey smiles and responds with no hesitation "sure".

After a few giggles and jokes back and forth they finally make it to the Gallagher house and they quickly get into the house. Ian leads Mickey up to the room and they settle down talking about random things.

"sooo tell me about the tv show Fiona showed ya" Mickey says leaning against the wall. Ian smiles and gets right into topic.

"so basically it's a firefighter show! and you know they save people from fires because they're...firefighters. Anyways, there's these two guys and they're best friends but they are tottttalllyyy in love. His kid loves the dude. Basically his dad man. Still kinda pressed they haven't kissed." When Ian looks up Mickey is on the bed cross legged biting his lip slightly.

"hi..." Ian says barely over a whisper.

"hi." Mickey responds giving a small smile "go on".

"uh... ok there's not much more to say about them. There's another version of the show, there's another gay couple. They're super cool, they're house caught on fire while they were about to...you know. That was super cool I guess." Ian looks back up from his hands to see Mickey with the small smile still on his face.

"uhh...um yeah so there's the two tv shows Fiona showed me ahaha" Ian nervous chuckles at the end.

"mmmm nice" Mickey says still staring at ian.

Ian plays with his hands nervously. silence making the room seem extremely heavy. Ian's brain trying to come up with something to say to fill this awful silence. He plays with his hands more aggressively slightly panicking until...

"stop..." Mickey says softly, he put his tattooed hands right on top of Ian's. Ian immediately stops and his stomach swims with butterflies. He nervously looks up at mickeys blue eyes. god he's so fucking pretty.

"ok" he says quietly in response.

"you getting so flustered is one of the cutest things" mickeys says smiling.

Ian gets even more flustered. He pulls his hands away from under Mickeys and wipes them on the sheets. His hands are sweating. His cheeks are probably redder then his hair right now.

He looks back up at Mickey yet again. He's smirking (of course). Just staring. SMILING.

"oh wanna know wha-" Ian starts to say before Mickey scoots closer to him, faces super close together. "believe me, I love hearing you talk but you really need to shut the fuck up right now". Ian looks shocked before Mickey leans in and touches their lips together.

god fucking damn it's like connecting a puzzle piece.

Ian immediately melts into the kiss and puts his hands into mickeys hair. Mickeys hands are on Ian's cheeks lightly stroking his thumb back and forth.

They pull apart smiling at each other.

"ok now what we're you going to say?" Mickey says with amusement in his voice.

and Ian just grins even bigger

————————————

i don't know what this is??? kind of wrote ian as me thought it would be nice idkkkk

I didn't proof read so there will prob be errors