Chapter 4: Secrets Uncovered

"A scratch?" I try to say convincingly, but it sounds like I'm asking him what it is.

"That's not a scratch." Louis says firmly and the boys are trying to see what's on my wrist that has Louis so upset.

"How would you know?" I ask him with my eyebrows raised.

"Because I'm not an idiot!" He snaps and stands up from is seat. The boys do the same and I instinctively take a step back. Louis suddenly steps forward and snatches my wrist. I gasp in pain at how tight his grip is and futilely try to full my wrist away.

"Louis, your hurting me!" I whine and continue to pull away, even though my wrist is burning. His face goes blank and he turns to the boys.

"Liam, Niall, grab her arms. Harry, Zayn, make sure she can't get away if she breaks away from us." Louis commands and the boys do as they're told. I don't even try to stop them because I know it's impossible to get away.

"Don't you guys think your over reacting?" I exclaim, my eyes wide.

"No." They chorus together. Louis then takes my wrist and roughly pulls my sleeve back. He gasps and runs a finger over the newest cut on my arm. Then he looks further up my arm and sees the rest of the cuts on my arm. I can see the hurt in his eyes, although I don't understand why.

"Why?" Louis asks and his voice is so thick with pain, that I wince.

"I... I don't know." I stutter, it really doesn't look like he can handle the truth right now.

"Oh really?" He snarls, causing me to flinch. Harry sees this and he gazes at me with sympathy. Then Harry walks over and places a hand on Louis's shoulder.

"Calm down, mate." Harry says in a relaxing tone of voice.

"How am I supposed to be calm about this?" Louis demands and stares at Harry like he's crazy.

"I don't know." Harry sighs and he glances at Zayn, who nods his head at the stairs. "How about you and me go upstairs and talk about this in private?"

"Fine." Louis huffs, but then he turns and glares at me. "This isn't over."

Then he releases my wrist, and Niall and Liam release my arms. I instantly step away from them and nod my head at Louis. Looking semi satisfied, Louis walks upstairs with Harry quickly following.

Once they are gone, I turn to Niall and ask "Can I have something to eat?"

He smiles weakly and nods his head. "Be right back." He says and heads into the kitchen.

"K." I say quietly and stand there silently.

After a few minutes Niall comes back and hands me a sand which, that I gratefully except. I quickly eat it and sit down on the couch when I'm done. Niall sits down across from me and places his head in his hands.

"Why?" Niall whispers and looks at me with blue eyes that look like they could cry a river. I sigh and I feel tears prick at my eyes.

"Louis isn't here." Niall continues. "He won't hear, if that's what your worried about." I stare at him for a little while before deciding that it's safe to tell him.

"It's not a very pretty way of thinking." I warn him and he narrows his eyes. "It's actually very messed up."

"I can handle it." He says bluntly and I internally groan, I was hoping he would back off.

"Well, you see..." I begin in a whisper. "It helps release the pain I feel. Like a slit that releases all the pain and ugly emotions inside me. If I don't let it out I feel like I'm being swallowed by a black hole."

Niall stays silent and my eyes start watering, he's probably thinking about how sick I am.

'Told you, you wouldn't be able to handle it." I mumble and jump up, running upstairs.