Chapter 5

MALAWAK ANG ngiti ni Aleandra habang hinihintay na dumating ang kapatid niya sa living room ng apartment nila ni Gavriil. Ang sabi nito ay darating ito ngayong gabi para saluhan silang dalawa ni Gav sa hapunan.

It's been a while since the last time she had dinner with her brother and this one she will never miss. Kahit na nagpadala ng mensahe sa kanya si Vonn na maglakad-lakad sila sa parke malapit sa apartment building nila ni Gav ay hindi siya pumayag. Tho, it was a charming invitation from Vonn, she just couldn't let this night pass- a dinner with her brother.

Who knows when he'll gonna see her again. It could take months again while she could see Vonn whenever she wants now that they have already exchanged phone numbers.

Sinulyapan niya si Gav na busy sa laptop nito kanina pa. "Gav, is brother coming alone or together with a few annoying guards again?"

"He's coming alone," Gav replied, not glancing at her.

Umusog si Aleandra para tignan kung ano ginagawa ng binata sa laptop nito. Kumunot ang noo niya ng makita ang screen ng laptop ni Gav na may mga dot. May iisang berde at bughaw, samantalang ang pulang kulay naman ay mahigit sampo.

"What is that? Are you tracking someone?" She asked, curious.

"A-huh," he replied, nodding. "The green dot is your brother's phone that is inside his pocket while the blue is the one that's in stand-by in his hotel room and the rest are his bodyguard's phone."

"Why are you tracking them?" Nagtataka niyang tanong.

"Val doesn't want to go here with guards tailing him. They shouldn't know where you are, brat," sagot ni Gav.

"Why is that?"

Gavriil paused and then sighed. "If ever they find out your whereabouts they'll call your father and you know what will happen next."

"They'll bring me back to Russia..." Aleandra whispered, hating the idea of her back to that mansion. Ngayong naranasan niya nang mamuhay na walang bodyguards na laging nakabuntot, bumili ng kahit ano gusto niya ng siya lang at iba pa ay ayaw niya nang bumalik sa dating buhay niya.

"Exactly brat," and your set to marry when you turn eighteen, Gavriil added slyly. "So, be quiet now, I'm going to connect to Val to give him the route to where he should go to escape his bodyguards," he added and wore his wireless earbuds to talk to Valerian.

Aleandra nodded, leaning on Gavriil's shoulder to watch the movement of the green dot and some footage that shows the inside of the hotel where her brother is.

Gavriil smiled at how Aleandra is comfortably leaning on his shoulder. Perks of getting friend zone, he gets to spend time with her and make memories to treasure.

While Vonn...

Well, that man may have captured Aleandra's heart but he gets to spend very little time with the brat. While he- a friend- get to spend time with Aleandra every day, a few hours a day.

Napangiti si Aleandra nang makitang lumalayo na ang green dot sa mga pulang dot. That only means that Valerian was able to get away without being noticed by the guards. It was all thanks to Gav that gave her brother the directions and scapes.

"You are great, Gav!" She beamed grinning, very much in awe at how good is Gav with computers.

She sure, Gavriil hacked those cameras to get the current time footage. And for him to be able to do it is something she is wowed because she couldn't do it neither does she know how to do it.

"Thanks, brat. Now, ready the table, Val is coming," Gavriil ordered, clasping his laptop close and playfully shrugging Aleandra off from his shoulder.